It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2007, 06:26 PM   #1
(male)

smitho HB User
docters not sure what i have..

hi.can anyone tell me what i could possibly have..
for the last two years ive been geting numbness in my arms and legs. which has slowly progressed.its strainge, when im sitting or if im not walking my numbness goes, but if i start walking. and stop and sit down my legs become numb and twitch,and become feeling very cold..then if i continue to relax after about 10-15mins my legs feel normal again. i also have slight numbness in my arm.but it my legs that really bother me..
ive had several test done, including,
diabetes
celiac
hiv
tyroid
vitamin and mineral deficiency tests
ive been to a neurologist. he thinks its stress.. yeah right grrrrrrrrr..
but after insisting he sent me for a mri. of the brain, spine,and lower back.
all came back ok..
does any know by the symptoms ive described.have ideas of what else it could be.that i have not been tested for.. or over tests i should test for...

docters are no help.. i really need some help...

thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2007, 11:47 AM   #2
(female)

dahlek HB User
Re: docters not sure what i have..

Have you had any vascular testing done? With chronic neuropathies, things don't get better, usually, they get worse... I would ask your GP for a referall for a cardiac/vascular work up...I've been thru that process and I was clear on all the stuff, doesn't mean I don't have an issue tho.

I have to ask, tho....is the numbness just a 'deadness' or 'searing pain/dead"? Did you before this problem occur, have a long bout of a cold or flu? Think back, and then share this info w/your doc[s]. This can be useful info in the short and long term of things and diagnoses.

The fact that your spine has been tested w/MRi is a good indication that your doc is trying to be throrough. Web up [url]www.neuroexam.com[/url] which outlines a lot of the tests neuros do and why. Keep in mind that 97% of the tests done are to ELIMINATE all the awful things that are probably swirling in your mind about now. Don't let them! Let and push the docs to keep testing until they find out the WHAT's...the they can start helping you with the WHAT TO DO's....Patience is needed about now...tho you hurt like heck! BUT all the tests done, lead to other tests, which lead to other tests...etc. There is a logic in all this...but it's in secret code 'doc speak', to my estimation. Hang in there!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2007, 12:50 PM   #3
(male)

smitho HB User
Re: docters not sure what i have..

hi. dahlek. i never thought of that.. ive looked at the symptoms that is with pad. i may have it. the numbness im getting is like ive been laying on my arm for awhile.
i still think it maybe a cirulation problem. my numbness seems to go if i have a hot bath..
ive had my adrenals tested. and there only working at about 60%.dont know if that can cause coldness,and numbness.

other test i want to have is.. nvc, emg. nerve tests. and possibly lumbar puntcure.. also im getting test for lyme disease.at igenix,in afew weeks.
want to rule everything out..

ive even had test done on my amalgam fillings.with a mercury vapour detector. and heavy metal test done. im found to have high levels of mercury in me.

its not the symptoms that bother me the most.its just not knowing what the hell it is..

Closed Thread