It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2007, 03:44 PM   #1
(male)

dkkdn HB User
tingling in heels

hi everyone,
I've posted this on a few boards, so i thought i'd try here.
I've had this problem on and off for over 2 years now with no answers. I commonly get a tingling/buzzing sensation in my heels. Mostly the corner of the heel but sometimes on the underside, closer to the instep. I also get a stinging sensation on the side of my foot, basically straight down from my ankle, about an inch closer to my toes. This problem is worst when i wake up in the morning, when i'm going to bed, or after running or biking. In the morning, it usually subsides after walking around for a bit, and after excercise, it subsides after resting for a bit. Then again, it can come up at any time too. It gets better when i rub my heels/side of my foot, so now i'm always restless, moving my feet around, taking off my shoes to rub my feet.

I've been to my GP and he thinks it might be from biking too much, but mostly doesn't know what it is. I've become worried it might be peripheral nuerapathy. Does this sound like a PN symptom? Anyone know what this might be? I thought PN was mostly in the toes, can it be in my heels?
thank you all for your help,
dkkdn

Old 03-21-2007, 05:13 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

michael178 HB User
Re: tingling in heels

Not to me, it doesn't. It usually comes on when you lie down to sleep. What you describe sound like a usuage problem, from using your feet.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-22-2007, 11:39 AM   #3
(female)

cosmo14 HB User

I had something like this and it turned out to be a Magnesium deficiency. Try taking a daily Magnesium supplement for a few weeks and see if its helps. Also, do you stretch your achilles tendon every day? It could be a tight tendon.

Old 03-27-2007, 06:20 AM   #4
(male)

dkkdn HB User

thanks for all your help everyone. if it is Plantar Fasciitis wouldn't it hurt when i step down on it in the morning? Its kind of the opposite. It is achy and tingly around my heel and the arch when in bed and it starts feeling better when i apply pressure. Alot of times i'll take a tie or sock and tie it tight around the back of the arch to the top of my foot. The pressure on the underside and side of my heel seems to relieve the aching/tingling sensations. Does that give any clues?
thank you again to everyone.

Closed Thread