It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2007, 06:04 PM   #1
(female)

woo97 HB User
Just diagnosed with small fiber neuropathy

Hi - I'm new to this board. I had a few questions for anyone who has small fiber neuropathy. I have been chasing down a cause for my symptoms for a year and 1/2. I was told I have small fiber neuropathy, but I'm not sure that it explains my worst symptoms. Does anyone with this experience extreme fatigue and loss of stamina, as well as leg pain? I can't exercise anymore - even going up stairs can be painful. I get exhausted so quickly. I am only 30 and I'm tired of this!!! Please let me know if any of this sounds familiar to small fiber. Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to woo97 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2007, 10:00 PM   #2
(male)

Motoxtriplex HB User
Re: Just diagnosed with small fiber neuropathy

I also have small fiber neuropathy mine was verified with the punch test nerve biopsy. My main symptoms for the small fiber neuropathy are constant electric like shocking sensantions in my arms hand legs calfs feet. I also have burning sensations in these parts as well and throbbing sensations. I sleep an average of 12-14 a day even before I was on meds it seems to help slow down the nerves. It took a year for my diagnosis and every test you can imagine. I take Methadone and Lyrica and ativan I cannot exercise or do anything strenuous and nothing that keeps me awake or insomnia because like I said the nerves seem to get more agitiated and worse. I would imagine you should be feeling burning, electric shocks, pins and needels, muscle joint pain, if this is what they say you have because thats what I get

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2007, 08:29 PM   #3
(female)

ProudMommyTo2 HB User

Hi! I am new here also. You sound just like me! I have the same symptoms. I am a 30 year old mom of a 3 year old and a six year old. Turns out that I have Pernicious Anemia. For the past month I have been getting B-12 injections every week. Also I went for 12 sessions of physical therapy 3x's a week. The therapy included exercizes that stimulate the nerves and Anodyne Therapy(infa-red to improve circulation to the nerve and promotes healing). It cost alot of money,but thankfully I have insurance. It was still $20 a session. We just focused on the feet/legs,but I also noticed a improvement in my hands as well. I would say overall over the past month with everything I am doing combined, my pain level has come down to a level 4 rather than a 6. Also I am not noticing as much pins and needles and throbbing pain, just a even pain. Energy wise I am up a bit too. Not as much as I would like, but it is a bit better. I totally understand with stopping exersize also. I gained some weight that I am not happy about since this started. But right now I am just focusing on doing my physical therapy exercizes that I learned and doing them at home. Also, I am working on getting a home Anodyne system through my insurance. They are pricey too. No matter what you have to pay around $500, but the rest may be covered by insurance. I am willing to pay anything to continue to get better though...Unfortunatley the home system only has 4 pads vs/the 8 that they had at therapy. When I really needed 16 to do my hands and arms also! But what can you do...I'm trying to focus on the positive. Just means a escuse to sit on the couch and prop my feet up for longer with the anodyne on! Best wishes!
~Elizabeth

Old 04-27-2007, 11:08 PM   #4
(male)

Motoxtriplex HB User

Nice I have heard of the Anodyne thearapy you are talking about I was thinking about trying it but I had no idea where I would even go for such a thing. I am glad it has been working for you maybe I will give it a shot after hearing this =)

Old 05-03-2007, 02:49 PM   #5
(female)

CittyCat HB User

I am diagnosed w/Neuropathy but not the "small fiber" type. But I have the buring in my feet and I have nerve damage in my thigh and knee which produces the burning, pinching and stabbing pains. The burn in my feet comes and goes. I also suffer a lot of tingleing in my scalp and face. At time the sensation feels like my face is hard.

It's been along time since I've been on the board, but I'm needing the support now and so, this is where I go!

Hang in there!

Cathy

Old 05-18-2007, 09:38 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

NHone HB User

I don't suppose any of you are on cholesterol lowering medication?

Old 05-20-2007, 01:26 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

NHone HB User

Because they cause muscle to the Type 1 small muscle fiber.

Closed Thread