It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2007, 03:45 PM   #1
(female)

Lena-marie HB User
Burning pain back, any suggestions????

Hi, Back in 2005 I posted alot on this forum, I was having alot of burning in my thighs, feet, and alittle in my hands, well to make a Long story short, I saw a neuro and had ALL kinds of tests done, MRI of spine and brain and emg test done, all kinds of blood work for thyroid etc. and nothing....except a herniated C 5c6 and a slight bulge in c7 I think, anyhow my burning was awful BUT it would come and go alot, like the burning would be really bad then a few hours later subside alittle...really weird stuff, well This started march 2005 and It got better and better I started ALA ( alpha lipoic acid ) back then and b vitmains, dunno if it went away on it own or help from these..? got me!! anyhow It came and went the last year but wasn't around much, till recently and its Back full force and I am in awww...I have been through all the tests and my neuro basically dismissed me last time after ruling out MS. BTW my C herniation showed it is now gone BTW cause I was in a BAD automobile accident last april 2006 and had an MRI of my spine and it did show changes but nothing is compressed or pinched near my spine so thats good news..but the burning is Back and I started ALA a week ago...I don't know what to do at this point? Its in my hip area too, I wonder if its my hips??? Can a hip problem cause burning bilaterally in legs and feet??? Any feed back would be greatly appreciated...
Thanks Much,
LenaMarie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2007, 04:09 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

PearlDoves HB User
Re: Burning pain back, any suggestions????

When was the last time you had an MRI of your spine done? You might just wanna jump the gun and see a neurosurgeon and/or an orthopedic surgeon... it doesn't mean that you need surgery, they have other ways of helping treat people with pain, but they might see something the other docs haven't. You'll need to get a copy of all your reports and if you can your most recent films.

Closed Thread