It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2007, 06:24 PM   #1
(female)

stormee11 HB User
My Husband's foot is numb...

Hello. A month ago ,my husband, who refuses to go to a doctor, sat outside on a log for 8 hours straight. The next day his foot was numb, and when he walks he looks like he is trotting. He is also unable to bend his foot upwards. I realize no-one can make a diagnosis, but I am wondering if he may have irritated a nerve, and that is what is causing the numbness. Has anyone ever heard of this, and if so is there anything he can do to help the condition. Can it last a long time? Any answers will be greatly appreciated. I am worried about him. Thank you

Old 05-21-2007, 08:12 PM   #2
(female)

dahlek HB User
Re: My Husband's foot is numb...

Stormee, your husband is lucky to have someone who really cares! First, I have to ask: Why won't he go to a doctor? IS he afraid he might get bad news, expecting something worse than what it usually always is?
Well, IF it were me, I of course, would be well-beyond scared stupid. But, I have found for all my issues, and all the tests I've gone thru and am going thru and probably will go thru. Best to - sigh -get it over with. The FEAR of what things might be is far worse usually, that the knowledge of what IS. I have to say going to a doctor's office for initial exam and tests is going to be far, far better and more comfortable than an emergency room where you wait for 10-18 hours before even getting a hint. Yes the doc office is a drag, but you go, you get tests, you set up more tests, you go home. Then you wait to see what other tests are to be done. Far more comfortable that waiting on a gurnery for multiple hours, only to either be admitted for 'observation' and let out the next morning w/instuctions to see your GP or other doc later. An expensive [very] ounce of non-treatment precautions. So set up the appointments and hornswaggle that special guy to a doc.
It really could be something some simple meds could help! I hope this helps and please let us know... I sure do know about that walking funny stuff! Do it all the time!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2007, 05:59 PM   #3
(female)

stormee11 HB User
Re: My Husband's foot is numb...

Thank you so much for your reply. I am working on him, and he said if it does not get better soon he will go to a doctor. When and if he does, I will let you know. Thanks again & God Bless

Closed Thread