It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2007, 07:28 AM   #1
(female)

CAROLYN000 HB User
Cream For Burning Feet

My nuerologist prescribed Zostrixx (capsaicin ) cream to be rubbed
on feet 3-4 times daily. It has really given me relief from the burning.
It can be bought over the counter. Thought I woud pass this on.

Old 05-21-2007, 03:03 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Dancinboots HB UserDancinboots HB UserDancinboots HB UserDancinboots HB User
Re: Cream For Burning Feet

Carolyn

Just curious, what exactly are you being treated for on your foot? I have had a nerve entrapment on the ball of my foot due to injections I received for mortons neuroma on my left foot. No one has been able to give me any answers, besides eluding to surgery which I refuse to have.

What I experience is an annoying feeling when I walk as if I have a bunched up sock in my shoe. It is only in one small area but it is annoying as heck. The nerve has been damaged from the injections. I have been dealing with this for nearly 2 years. I wonder if the cream you are using would help me and is it available at any drugstore? Do you know what type of foot problems a neurologist deals with. Since they deal with nerve problems, I have been wondering if perhaps they could help me. Do you know if they offer therapy for nerve entrapments?

Sharon

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-22-2007, 06:07 AM   #3
(female)

CAROLYN000 HB User

Sharon,
I have diabetic nueropathy. The nerves in my feet have been damaged.
This cream can be sold over the counter. You might call your drugstore
first. My drugstore had to order it for me.
You might give it a try. Why don't you ****** both names and see what
you come up with. It is also used to treat arthritis.
Good Luck!
Carolyn

Old 08-10-2007, 11:08 AM   #4
(male)

mcp3554 HB User

My pain actually started with that "bunched sock" feeling and eventually turned into peripheral nueropathy. I do not have diabetes nor any have had type of accident. I tried the cream but had little success. I've had two surgeries for Morton's Nueroma. I am now trying a Fentanyl patch which worked for about a day and then nothing. Try the cream though, it's inexpensive and easy to apply. Just remember you have to consistantly apply 3-4 daily for two months for it to be effective.

Old 08-11-2007, 12:06 PM   #5
(female)

Tight Socks HB User
Smile Re: Cream For Burning Feet

I tried using this cream a while back but found it too inconvenient, plus you have to be really careful to wash your hands very well or you risk rubbing any residue into your eyes and believe me, you do NOT want to ever do this. My neurologist recommended it and said that you have to do it several times a day for two months also. Good luck with it. PS I have had pn for five years now and take Lyrica every 4 hours plus Cymbalta once a day and the pain is usually kept to a tolerable level. And so it goes.

Old 08-26-2007, 07:17 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Dancinboots HB UserDancinboots HB UserDancinboots HB UserDancinboots HB User

Does neuropathy always involve pain? What I have is nerve damage in the ball of my foot due to alcohol sclerosing injectons I was given to treat that funky bunched up sock feeling I have. They told me I have mortons neuroma, even though I have never experienced pain, only this annoying nerve problem.

The shots did nothing but damage the nerves. I have feeling in the ball of my foot but what I don't like is this annoying pins and needles feeling when I walk on it or push on it. I don't feel it when I am just sitting down. I thought when you had neuropathy you have little feeling in your foot. I have been told that I have a form of neuropathy due to the damaged nerves from the injections. Do you think the cream would relieve that funky feeling?

Last edited by Dancinboots; 08-26-2007 at 07:27 AM.

Old 08-26-2007, 07:16 PM   #7
(male)

woondog HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancinboots View Post
Does neuropathy always involve pain? What I have is nerve damage in the ball of my foot due to alcohol sclerosing injectons I was given to treat that funky bunched up sock feeling I have. They told me I have mortons neuroma, even though I have never experienced pain, only this annoying nerve problem.

The shots did nothing but damage the nerves. I have feeling in the ball of my foot but what I don't like is this annoying pins and needles feeling when I walk on it or push on it. I don't feel it when I am just sitting down. I thought when you had neuropathy you have little feeling in your foot. I have been told that I have a form of neuropathy due to the damaged nerves from the injections. Do you think the cream would relieve that funky feeling?

Old 08-26-2007, 07:24 PM   #8
(male)

woondog HB User

hi.....I've had pn for about 25 years. You ask: "aren't you supposed to
have no feeling ....how come we get pain. That is the paradox.....
While it is normal to have no feeling in various body parts, that does
not mean you will not have pain. The opposite is true. But, with the
pain medications around today, you don't have to have pain or pins
and needles, etc. You can get feeling back, probably, by exercise that
involves aerobics and some activity that involved thumping on the
pavement or treadmill......running or fast walking. Do it about one
hour per day, if you can...then increase your time. Of course, i don't
know your physical condition but that's how I stopped the pins and
needles and the pain. Lucky for you, you living in an era where there
are lots of drugs to ameliorate or wipe out the pain. Rubbing anything with
creams like capacain (spelling) usually does not work. the woondog

Closed Thread