It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2007, 07:59 AM   #1
(female)

blue712 HB User
cyst on the pineal gland

my friend recently went to her neurologist who diagnosed her as having a cyst on her pineal gland. it sounded to me like a serious diagnoses but she told me that her neuro said something like a third of the population has it. im wondering if anyone else has had the same diagnoses and what symptoms come of it. thanks.

Old 09-05-2007, 11:44 PM   #2
(female)

BeatleManiac HB User
Re: cyst on the pineal gland

Hi,
I have a Pineal Cyst too actually. Mine is like over 1cm. Anyways, I am guessing they most likely won't intervene unless the symptoms are very bad or it grows because the surgery has risks and is pretty invasive. I would recommend you going to Brain Tumor Center like UCLA, UC Davis, UCSF, that is if you live in the west. If you are east, I heard of a woman who had a successful surgery in Boston. Anyways, some symptoms I have are dizziness, nausea, headaches, gait, memory problems, mood swings, etc. Well, I hope this helps. Please keep me updated on your diagnosis! Take care!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2007, 06:01 PM   #3
(female)

Groverbeacher HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue712 View Post
my friend recently went to her neurologist who diagnosed her as having a cyst on her pineal gland. it sounded to me like a serious diagnoses but she told me that her neuro said something like a third of the population has it. im wondering if anyone else has had the same diagnoses and what symptoms come of it. thanks.
I too have a pineal cyst - 1.4 cm and I am going to be seeing a neurosurgeon on the 21st of September '07 - will be getting some serious questions answered and would be happy to pass on any information that I may find out!! I too am tired of being tired, dingy, pressure in the head, headache pain, dizziness at times, sick to my stomache, eyes being blurry and tired easily, etc. - The neurologists all have the same answers, you are fine - no fluid flow problem, etc. and you don't have symptoms from your cyst - after careful research alot - I have found that most people that have this so called cyst have all the same symptoms and get the same answers from their neurologist so I opted to go further and see someone who specializes in my specific tumor - Would be happy to share my findings and what my plan of attack is going to be after my appointment!! Good luck to us both, we are going to need it!!

Old 09-12-2007, 07:08 PM   #4
(female)

BeatleManiac HB User

Wonderful! Please share you experience with us after your appointment! I have a consultation also on the 17th of sept 07. I will let you all know how that goes. It is at UCSF, so if they don't want to do surgery, im not sure who will. Good Luck with your appt. Hopefully we will find relief!

God Bless!

Closed Thread