It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2007, 05:48 PM   #1
(male)

tony61 HB User
hot hands/feet and sensitive to pressure

Anybody had any of these symptoms? Hot hands and feet. Unable to stand more than a few minutes due to dull ache/pressure in feet? Hands tire quickly while writing? I'm missing some of the classic features of neuropathy including sharp/tingling pain. The pain goes away as soon as pressure released. Worse as the day goes on. Any thoughts?

Old 06-26-2007, 10:40 AM   #2
(male)

Don12345 HB User
Re: hot hands/feet and sensitive to pressure

Yes, I'm having the symptoms you describe. I can only wear shoes for a short time and then have to take them off because of the burning pain. As soon as I take the shoes off and put on slides, I am fine. It really kills me to walk on the treadmill. Sometimes I have to stop and rest my feet a while.

It seems to be the pressure on my feet that cause the pain and not ill-fitting shoes, etc. I am going to see a Neurologist on July 30th.

I have other issues as well because of neuropathy pain all over my body, but I take Neurontin prescribed by my general physician and that has helped.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-15-2007, 07:59 PM   #3
(female)

YELLOWDRESS HB User
Re: hot hands/feet and sensitive to pressure

HI- I read you have neuropathic pain all over your body. I have had this too for about a month-burning and tingling in hands, feets, trunk and even face every day. It waxes and wanes but still there. My neuro sending me for brain MRI and EMG. Also got neurontin-does it really work? I have not tried it as yet. Did they tell you why you have neuropathic pain all over body? I am 55 and pre-diabetes which may explain mine. Do you also have it throughout your bod everday? Hope the meds helped you. Perhaps I will take mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don12345 View Post
Yes, I'm having the symptoms you describe. I can only wear shoes for a short time and then have to take them off because of the burning pain. As soon as I take the shoes off and put on slides, I am fine. It really kills me to walk on the treadmill. Sometimes I have to stop and rest my feet a while.

It seems to be the pressure on my feet that cause the pain and not ill-fitting shoes, etc. I am going to see a Neurologist on July 30th.

I have other issues as well because of neuropathy pain all over my body, but I take Neurontin prescribed by my general physician and that has helped.

Closed Thread