It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2007, 03:36 PM   #1
(male)

smitho HB User
please help!!

doctors still hav'nt found out what i have.
had loads of blood test.. std's, thyroid,adrenals, liver,kidney function tests,vitamin and mineral tests,lyme disease tested at igenex,
brain mri,all of spine mri, ct scan..
doctors sending me for a nvc,emg, in afew weeks..

symptoms started about 3 years ago. numbness started in face, then went, and and over the 3 years, it has progressed, in to my legs and arms.numbness, and legs are cold alot of the time.my feet and and hands are fine..
symptoms keeps wax and waning,and keeps moving about.. i have days when my numbness improves ,then it comes back..

afew questions..
1,if it was ms, would something of shown by now. being 2 1/2 years when scanned?
2,does my symptoms sound like peripheral neuropathy? has i have read by most that it commonly starts in fingers or toes..which i dont have...

3,is the a difference in symptoms of peripheral and central nervous system involvement?

4, and can someone reccomend all other tests which i have not had done?

thanks for your help! and sorry for so many questons!
i just need to find out what i have! so i can get on with my life!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-12-2007, 08:10 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: please help!!

just what actually showed up in the MRIs of the brain and the c spine?what types of docs have you actually seen for this so far?any actual pain anywhere?the thing is,depending on just how knowledgable your docs are and how they see a particular finding in your films or reports will actually determine only what 'they' feel may or may not be an actual issue.do you know what i mean?i had a cavernoma right in the middle of my spinal cord.i saw a total of three actual NSs who were real NSs,who gave me totally differing info on these things just becasue the first two reaally didn't understand the "whole' picture with these little SOBs.this is why you really do need to make certain you obtain copies of ALL tests that you have done.see what is in the 'summary' at the bottom as far as what the rad found upon his read.this is also a highly individual thing dependant on the rads level of knowledge and experience.its all relative ya know?there could be 'something' right there on paper or in a film that depending on the docs level of knowl;edge,could be the trigger but they just are not aware or as knowledgeable on a particular issue that could cause your symptoms,you know what i mean?have their been any significant findings at all?i do think an EMG would be a good test considering your symptoms.this would show any actual impingment of the nerve and show how well that flow actually is.but this will only pick up on actual damage or impingement that impedes the nerve flow so keep that in mind,K?intermittant impingement would not actually show itself unless that particular impingment was present during the test.but it is a good way to really check overall nerve flow so i would have the test done for sure.

i am really most interested in just what your c spine MRI stated if anything?i am sorry you don't have answers yet,these types of issues can take awhile to pin down.it does appear you have been testing the right things tho,so at least your current 'doc' seems on the ball.please let me know whats up,K?Marcia

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread