It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2007, 04:51 PM   #1
(female)

jjones2004 HB User
Burning Feet

Just diagnosed with peripheral neuropathy in my feet - terrible burning, stinging, "ant biting" feeling. My sugar has been above normal for about a year but not diabetic. Dr. seems to think it could be sugar related. I'm searching for answers. Anyone here with this problem and what is it related to?

Thanks for your help!

Old 07-29-2007, 05:32 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

pattihabs HB User
Re: Burning Feet

hi jjones. i have burning, swelling, purple color, stinging. ect in my hands, wrists, forearms. i have rsd.it feels like my hands are on a hot griddle all the time. i do not have diabetes although my dad and 2 bros do. i suppose rsd is a sort of neuropathy. anyway, hope you feel better.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-30-2007, 03:31 PM   #3
(male)

captinsane1 HB Usercaptinsane1 HB Usercaptinsane1 HB Usercaptinsane1 HB Usercaptinsane1 HB Usercaptinsane1 HB Usercaptinsane1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjones2004 View Post
Just diagnosed with peripheral neuropathy in my feet - terrible burning, stinging, "ant biting" feeling. My sugar has been above normal for about a year but not diabetic. Dr. seems to think it could be sugar related. I'm searching for answers. Anyone here with this problem and what is it related to?

Thanks for your help!

Old 07-30-2007, 03:42 PM   #4
(male)

captinsane1 HB Usercaptinsane1 HB Usercaptinsane1 HB Usercaptinsane1 HB Usercaptinsane1 HB Usercaptinsane1 HB Usercaptinsane1 HB User

There is many things that can cause neuropathy in your feet. Has your doctor asked you if you consume alcohol daily, as this is a very comon cause. Also over exposure to heavy metals can also contribute to it. Doctors have told me I was not diabetic but may have been glucose intollerant for a long period of time and this may have caused my nerve damage, just a couple of thoughts.

Old 07-30-2007, 04:48 PM   #5
(female)

jjones2004 HB User

Thanks for your reply. No I don't drink at all.

Old 08-02-2007, 06:47 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

before settling for the neuropathy Dx you should really rule out at least a possible low back issue.if you also are having any upper body issues,the whole spine should really be scanned.you just need to make certain that this is indeed only a neuropathy from diabetes and not another issue entirely ya know?there are just sooo many other possible triggers for what it is you are actually feeling that really need to be ruled out before arriving at a final dx of anything.you just need to be certain,thats all.marcia

Old 08-02-2007, 07:24 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

1sunny1 HB User1sunny1 HB User

Hi, My feet burn all the time, and even worse at night when I go to bed. I have fibromyalgia and arthritis in my neck. Doc says it is from fibromyalgia and I have seen other postings on here that say they have burning feet from fibro. oh, I am not diabetic so that is ruled out, at least for me.

Old 08-05-2007, 12:00 AM   #8
(female)

Tight Socks HB User

jjones: I am very slightly diabetic and only take 500 mg of metformin a day. My blood sugar is normal from doing that and I feel fine except for the pain in my feet from pn. I also take a cymbalta every day plus a lyrica every four hours or so. Didn't know that I was diabetic till I went to my dr because of my painful feet. I guess the nerves were damaged from years of untreated diabetes, even though my blood sugar was only 209 according to the test. I quit drinking 5 yrs ago when I found all this out but that unfortunately didn't make the pain go away. So it looks like I'm stuck with this pain because of the diabetes plus the years of drinking ( my dr said that it probably set the stage for the pn.) I just keep taking my pills and hope that it eventually goes away. I'm just thankful that there are medicines that help. Pain is never really gone, just kept tamped down. Just pray that research will come up with something good for all of us. I really am thankful for this board. We all can help each other along the way. God bless.

Old 08-06-2007, 10:53 AM   #9
(female)

zestytx HB User

I have struggled with this for almost twenty years. If you drink diet sodas, STOP right now. And start taking fish oil capsules. I FINALLY managed to get off the diet drinks (addicted to them!) and the burning is gone. I had even lost the feeling in my feet and hands for years and it is coming back! I never believed that aspartame was bad for you, but I believe it now.

Old 08-07-2007, 11:21 AM   #10
(male)

woondog HB User

for what it is worth, you can go back to diet soda but only those
sweetened with splenda instead of that bad stuff, aspertane.
there is a version of that with diet rite, 7 up and coke but you have
to look for the splenda logo on the bottle. woondog

Closed Thread