It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2007, 12:20 PM   #1
(female)

shelley224 HB User
Nerve pain and I'm new to this forum

Ok let me tell you what's going on with me. It all started back in 03. I got zapped in my right eye. Then the nerve pain started to go down my arms, then I started having tingling in my face, then it got so bad I didn't want to talk or eat. I had in my chest, the back of my neck. I also have the pain in my legs and my feet. At first my neurologist said I had Trigmenal Neuralgia. She left to go to Vanderbelt. My new just told me there treating the symptoms, cause they really can't find out what it is. I have gone through MRI'S they did find non-specific leasions on the brain, but they ruled out MS. Oh ya, did I mention I have nerve pain up and down my spine. Sometimes my muscles feel like there sticking to my nerves. I'm on Tegretol, Pamolar and Baclofen. It has helped me a great deal, but it seems like now I'm getting more and more break through of pain. Oh ya, antoher thing it also affected the top of my head when it did it felt like my head was frost bitten, just different them the burning. I know if I tell my doctor that the pain is coming back a litte she'll just raise my dosage, I don't want that yet. I'm sure glad I found this forum cause I felt so all alone. It's hard for other people to understand. Thanks for hearing me out. Not alone in Michigan. Shelley

Old 09-09-2007, 10:17 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

GriffSS HB User
Re: Nerve pain and I'm new to this forum

Sorry you're in the dilemma you're in but havs no doctor suggested Gabapentin (Neurontin)?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2007, 02:48 PM   #3
(female)

shelley224 HB User

I was on neurotin and it didn't help. All it did is put weight on me, and cause real bad tremors.

Old 09-10-2007, 09:18 PM   #4
(female)

Jaime_Aus HB User

Hi Shelley,

Sorry to hear you are really suffering with nerve pain. I don't really have any advice. But I know what it's like to suffer with nerve pain, especially in the neck and head. I have the burning pain on the top of the head, like you mentioned. I was diagnosed with Occipital Neuralgia, after many months of tests and MRIs. I have tried many meds also, but still haven't found the best one. They all seem to have too many side-effects.
I hope you can find the right treatment/meds, or even the right diagnosis, soon, because nerve pain is no fun!

~Jaime~

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley224 View Post
Ok let me tell you what's going on with me. It all started back in 03. I got zapped in my right eye. Then the nerve pain started to go down my arms, then I started having tingling in my face, then it got so bad I didn't want to talk or eat. I had in my chest, the back of my neck. I also have the pain in my legs and my feet. At first my neurologist said I had Trigmenal Neuralgia. She left to go to Vanderbelt. My new just told me there treating the symptoms, cause they really can't find out what it is. I have gone through MRI'S they did find non-specific leasions on the brain, but they ruled out MS. Oh ya, did I mention I have nerve pain up and down my spine. Sometimes my muscles feel like there sticking to my nerves. I'm on Tegretol, Pamolar and Baclofen. It has helped me a great deal, but it seems like now I'm getting more and more break through of pain. Oh ya, antoher thing it also affected the top of my head when it did it felt like my head was frost bitten, just different them the burning. I know if I tell my doctor that the pain is coming back a litte she'll just raise my dosage, I don't want that yet. I'm sure glad I found this forum cause I felt so all alone. It's hard for other people to understand. Thanks for hearing me out. Not alone in Michigan. Shelley

Old 09-14-2007, 01:21 PM   #5
(female)

kyetzbac HB User

Shelly:

Nerve pain is no fun at all!!!! I have been suffering from Occipital Nerve Neuralgia (or so they say). I have been on Neurontin and it does not work at all. It just makes you sleepy. I really don't think there is any cure for nerve pain. Did you have some bad dental treatment? That's what usually causes Trigeminal Nerve Neuralgia. I have just been doing massage pillows and the heating pad and that seems to work the best for the pain. Good luck.

Old 09-16-2007, 08:30 PM   #6
(male)

woondog HB User

Neurontin has been around for about 15 years. It was developed for
one disease, forgot which, but they found out that the great majority
of patients using it was peripheral neuropathy suffers. In fact, about
8 years ago, FDA, WANTED TO BAN IT but there was so much of a
upwelling of protest, that the FDA relented and kept it on the market.
When it was first dispensed, the authorities said that it had no ill
side effects. As the years passed, side effects did pop up.
For PN sufferers it was a miracle drug.......alleviating lightening strike
pain in most people. I, myself, took it for about 6 years or more.
One side effect I have had is that I shake more than usual. And that's
an understatement. I well remember the chief of the Kaiser Neurology
Department in the Bay Area said "you can eat it like candy and don't
worry" Well, any port in a storm so I continued to take it because I didn't
have any choice. It is still a good drug and it is helping millions of
pn sufferers. the woondog

Old 09-16-2007, 09:24 PM   #7
Inactive
(male)

GriffSS HB User

That goes for Postherpetic Neuropathy sufferers as well my friend.
Take care.

GriffSS Mike

Closed Thread