It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2007, 03:37 PM   #1
(male)

aricharda HB User
Dr. is no help

I've had diabeties for 5 years. I take Lantus, Humulin and Novalog. It controls my bloodsugar to a point. But, I have painful Neuropathy in my feet and fingertips. I take 3200mg of Gabapentin per day. It doesn't help much but if I don't take it I'm in very severe pain. I have also tried Lycira and Cymbalta with even worse results. My Endo Doctor says thats all he can do for me. I have been to several pain centers and they all want to do is implant a spinal cord stimulator, which, I have researched and have heard horror stories about. I have also tried acupuncture. No one will give me anything for pain, not even an asprin. I am almost to the point of self-medicating to get some relief. This is so painful I have filed for disability. Some days I can not walk at all or drive. What does it take to get a Dr. to help me?

Old 09-12-2007, 07:24 AM   #2
(male)

suggus HB User
Re: Dr. is no help

HI: I do not have diabeties but have had idiopathic neuropathy for about 11 years. Sorry to hear of your problem, your pain might be more than mine.

Here is what I have done to live with the pain since I have rejected all of the pain killers offered. I used to take asprin that worked fine for me.

I think what helps me, right now, the most is a 0.5ML injection of B12 a week. I started with 1.0ML/week for about 6 months then went to 1.oML two times a month. I fund that a weekly injection calms the pain better than every other week.

At night I often take valarian root to get to sleep.

You seem to have been experimenting with drugs where I have experimented with herbs and vitamins. I have found things that help for a while but I realize I will loose this battle.
To fine tune my vitamin intake I included Boron which has caused some change with my pain but I have had some setbacks and the jury is still out on this. Boron should do no good for neuropathy.

Good luck with your battle. My biggest setback was when the neuropathy finally got to my ankles. It has been working on my hands for a while so my typing/spelling is really bad.

BTW - I have been sensative to high sugar intake all of my life. When I got smart enough to excluded most of it from my life I learned I can control sugar with chormium and reciently, cinnaimon in my protein shake. My last blood test my score was 96.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-24-2007, 08:45 PM   #3
(female)

mushroomLady HB User

Hi. Have you tried alternate medicine? Do you just wanna relieve pain or do you want treatment for diabetes? Give me your answers and I will explain further. Thank you and God bless you.

Old 09-25-2007, 04:42 PM   #4
(male)

steve pn HB User

I would very much like to stop taking drugs that make you feel and look like ozzie osborne. I have idiopathic PN taking Lyrica 450 2 times a day so Im all ears.....

Old 09-26-2007, 03:21 AM   #5
(female)

mushroomLady HB User

Hi Steve PN. For the past 2 years, I have stop taking pain killers to treat pain. Too many side effects and can't really stop pain. In fact I have stop taking any kind of prescribed drugs. I take Mycelium everyday as a food supplement. Whenever I have pain, I just increase the dosage of Mycelium and within 5-10mins, pain is gone! Mycelium is not a drug. It is 100% natural. It is the spores of a 18 days old ganoderma lucidum (a type of red mushroom). Some of the medicinal benefit of Mycelium - it has high level of RNA which disrupts viral diseases, Oleic Acid n Cyclooctasulfur which are strong inhibitor of histamine release, it has Polysaccharide and many more.
Besides Mycelium, I am also taking Reishi Gano (3 mth old fruit body of ganoderma lucidum). Some of Reishi Gano medicinal benefit- ORGANIC GERMANIUM - increase oxygen (1.5times) absorbed by blood, promotes metabolism, helps prevent tissue degeneration, relieves allergic reactions, regulates central nervous system, antioxidant, etc. POLYSACCHARIDES -helps cleanse toxic deposits in body, enhance body's immune system,etc. ADENOSINE -lower cholesterol level and amount of free fat, improve blood circulation, prevents thrombus formation and blockage of blood vessels, TRITEPINES - helps enhance digestive system, relieves pain, removes body toxic, etc. AMINO ACID - enhance pancreatic function in blood glucose regulation, protects liver from damage, enhance detoxification functions,etc.

In short, Mycelium and Reishi Gano helps balance the body by removing toxins and clear blockage of blood vessels and also improve oxygen and boost immune system. Mycelium and Reishi Gano treats the body to fight diseases. Prescribed drugs are symptomatic which treats disease individually and causes side effects. The Mycelium and R.Gano which I take is 100% natural. The supplier office is in Sydney, Australia. You can use my ID to get some discount if you want to try Mycelium and R.Gano.

Old 01-27-2008, 06:10 PM   #6
(male)

williedoug HB User

thanks iwill try anything right now .like were you live i live in montana just had -20 degrees

Closed Thread