It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2007, 06:59 PM   #1
(female)

Terri Beaton HB User
nortons nearoma

I had surgery on my left foot Feb 26/2007, everything was going great and then I started getting pain in that foot about 2 weeks ago. So now I am going for treatments of pure alcohol + another med added to that. I have had 2 shots for this now. I am quite concerned that this will not work either. I am a active person, and now I have to stay off my feet as much as possible. My other choices that Dr. said if this did not work that the nerve may have to be removed, then the tendon would have to be cut. I need another oppinon. thanks Terri Beaton

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-19-2007, 07:54 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: nortons nearoma

No, no, no to the tendon cut! If you've developed a "stump neuroma", and it sounds as if you have, then hopefully the alcohol injection will take care of it. Am surprised your doc suggested that as the norm in Canada seems to be cortisone, which does not work. Glad to see you have a good doc! If that does not work, then it would have to be removed again. And, unfortunately in this case, it would mean cutting from the bottom of the foot instead of the top. That means NWB for 2-3 weeks and a longer recovery time than the dorsal (top) approach. I had a neuroma removed several years ago that worked out fine. Unfortunately, due to some freak things happening (broken bone next to the end of the removed nerve and a ganglion cyst on top of it!), I may be looking at surgery again as the alcohol injections won't do any good for this particular situation. Am wearing orthotics right now that are helping a lot.

Good luck. You also might want to move over to the Foot topic as there have been some posts on this over there since this really isn't a neuropathy issue.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread