It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2007, 02:49 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

ebrena HB Userebrena HB User
Neurapathy?

Hello, I am new to this board but finally had to ask for some information to my awful symptoms. First I am diabetic type 2 and take 2 Metformin am and pm. I hurt all over! I mean all over. My head,neck and shoulder's ache. My right upper arm gets really red and sore (not my shoulder,my upper arm) ,elbow,forearm,wrist, hands and finger's.

My right hip has been pins and needles numb for maybe a year. My legs from my butt,thighs,calves, ankles,feet and toes. My legs from my knees down are pins and needle's,my middle toe is sore/numb when I put walking pressure on it. My feet hurt. I hurt.

I go for a half hour walk everyday with my dogs but I'm really sore after that. I feel beat up. I have taken to wearing compression socks just to maybe ease the tingles and aches. The pain I will describe as burning, stinging, achy and my legs and feet have pins and needles as well. I went to the clinic yesterday and the clinic Dr sent me for a neck X-ray and bloodtest I forget what it's called but it's to see if your muscles are up to something.

I have taken Advil, Entrophin, Asprin Nightime for arthritis, Arthotec,Advil Robax, muscle relaxers and nothing helps. I think I get rebound headaches from all this medicine so what's the point. The Dr yesterday suggested diabetic neuropathy how can you tell? I go to my regular Dr Monday for test result's. If it is diabetic neuropathy I just can't believe how it seemed to come on so fast and furious.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-27-2007, 02:54 AM   #2
(male)

woondog HB User
Re: Neurapathy?

please check my prior blogs re: medications, exercise, diet regimes re:
Peripheral Neuropathy. If what you have is PN, then it is not a usual
case of it. Normally, pain starts in the legs, feet, arms possibly and
it starts as in your case numbness, localized pain and, after awhile,
ends up in what they call "lightening strikes" of pain delivering a shot of
pain which can make you double over, for about 3 seconds..then stops
and hits you again in about 1 minute. This could go for days.
Again, as I have mentioned in prior blogs, there is no reason why you
can't be free of pain what with the medications that are available. After not
having pain from PN in the past 3 months, it started again tonight and
I am up all night with pain. Will see what the future has in store.
Let me ask you a question: it appears that diabetic PN has a relationship
with your parents....If one is an alcoholic, or two, a double whammy, then
the odds are that one would suffer PN. I think only about 30% of diabetics
have pn. They are very lucky.
Now I am getting lightening strikes about every 30 seconds. Good luck
the woondog

Old 09-27-2007, 12:02 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

ebrena HB Userebrena HB User
Re: Neurapathy?

No, don't get jolting sharp pains although I have had the odd jolt in my elbows. I mostly ache all over. I feel like someone has punched me in the upper arm, and kicked me in the the butt. My legs are not numb but on going with pins and needles. It is most sore in the morning when I wake up it is awful trying to use my arm to get up in bed. Again at night while reading it strikes again in my arm,elbow,wrist and fingers. It feels more muscular or nerve pain than joint related. Like my knee doesn't ache but above my knee does. My neck and above my shoulder blades. It is so hard to explain because it seems to change daily, mind you some of the pain areas are constant. I go to the Dr for my test results and more than anything I hope something shows up so I know that something is really causing this. I just want to know and want to know if I can exercise with the pain, I don't want to do something to make it worse. I have started walking my dogs at the beach 1/2hour daily but the next day I can barely walk, my hips and legs are so heavy and sore. I will never take prednizone for anything but I am taking Advil 800 mg once a day and 400 mg every 6 hours after. Eneric coated ASA 650mgx2 first then 650 mg every4-6 hours after. My GP also gave me Arthotec but I think I felt worse taking that. I also have Flexoril and Norflex which I only take if in such bad pain at night. I just don't feel that all these NSAID's are to good for you espcially since I take so many other meds they kind of make me feel yuk and I don't think they are really doing anything. So once I get it figured out I want to get together an exercise routine and maybe some alternative meds to help like MSM, Bromalain, alpha lipoic acid etc. Thanks for your help I need all the info I can gather.

Last edited by ebrena; 09-27-2007 at 12:05 PM. Reason: sp's

Closed Thread