It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2007, 10:52 PM   #1
(female)

Angela37 HB User
PN or something else?

Hi, I am seeking information for those more experienced and smarter out there than me! ha ha (bad joke)~!

I am a 37 Y.O. mom. My life is very hard right now! As probably everyone's is here or we wouldnt be here we would be out at the beach or something...

I simply just do not what to think any longer. I was sick alot when I was little, but just like allergies and stuff , yet I missed alot of school. But when I turned 20, for 4 years my life took a sharp turn. My legs begin getting numb, it worsened. It seemed to go from the legs up. Once I would have seizures, maybe 3-4 times a year. I would tell my GP. We lived in a small town. I had lost my first 2 babies during this time to stillbirths, they were just born too preemie and I would seem to lose them after a few months. Still all those years I was never refered to anyone. The doctors there just I guess thought I was making it up, depression whatever... Then at age 25..it just stopped! I cant tell you how relieved I was. I guess I was a fool thinking it would never return. Then I sucessfully managed to have two children, alittle on the wee side of preemie but they were healthy!

By the time I was 27 however, I was up to 254 LBS, needless to say this was more than alittle stressing for my 5ft frame. So I had gastric bypass! Lost 110 lbs. Got alittle attutitude...told my cheatin husband there was the door...flew thru dental hygiene school like a hungry flea on a dog...and proceeded to re-marry...have my most healthiest child, at 7 lbs even. Then I just sorta STOPPPPPPPED at 33! By 35 it was back slooowly creeping its way into my life. Now what was I gonna do...I had a career, my youngest, although healthy was a wandering child, and very hard to deal with ADHD (extreme)/ODD/CD!! He will probably be on American;s Most Wanted or Cops before he is 10! God help us all!!! Needless to say, I think I have bit off more than I can chew--and my husband keeps moving every 2 years with his fast-track job! He wont stay put...and I can not manage my situation with my health status.

My current phyiscan insisted for 2 years I had fibromaylgia. I couldnt bare the pain. I started going into pain management without his consent having spinal blocks which didnt help. One year later a kindly OTHER pain management doctor did a MRI and one of those electrical impulse things that zap you--Low and behold...after how many years now--- it come back positive with Motor, Sensory and I am really not sure if she said Automaic or not Per Neuropathy. She said she wasss very surprised since I had not other health problems and I am not diabetic...well she said like 65% disability, so I can only work 1 day week now (I force myself), life is pretty choatic...I cant do art anymore. I used to type 70wpm, now barely 20...is this going to go away again? I dont think I can stand having this for like another 10 years. I have that glove/slipper thing...(where you feel like your wearing tight gloves and slippers), she thinks my PN is due to my Gastric Bypass...I am anemic, so I started B-12 injections, iron infusions and vita D 50,000 iu everyweek...that parts better now....but noo nooo I cant convience her this is what I had before...it seemed worse then, but maybe because of my weight? This is worse in some ways than before, but different.

The interesting side note is this. My first cousin who is 2 years younger just came back with all tests postitive for MS. My doctor says there totally different. But I both read they are damaging the mylien sheath, so arent they similar....I cant tell you how lost and alone and confused in all this...I have been under her treatment for over a year. Lyrica helps, I am stable, but not at a tolerable level. I take alternations of Tramadol and Opana, I have to constantly alternate them. They bad thing is my stomach doesnt absorb anymore, it passes right through...on those days I dont absorb, it doesnt matter what I take or how much. I could take 100 and it wouldnt matter...so I have to fine tune everything. By the 2nd one I know if I am absorbing and then if not...forget it ...NOTHING will help!

I asked my doctor last week if I had told her about my cousin. That I thought the two diseases were similar, she asked if I thought my condition was going into the MS "I told her it wasnt that, it just sounded like the two were similar"....she told me that I could not get MS if I had PN. She also told me, I would gradually get worse, it could not go into remission. I just dont know what to do. Also, does anyone have any suggestions AND do you know if there are ppl diagnoised with PN as young as 20?

Thanks!

Gigi

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2007, 08:02 PM   #2
(female)

hypnotiic HB User
Re: PN or something else?

Hello gigi.. seems we have alot in common.. starting with out name =] You ask if theres anyone as young as 20with pn.. ME.. in 17. It all started soooo suddenly after i recieved a spinal anesthesia for a csection in aug07. i had a emg/ncs and the doc said no nerve damage but something with my muscles and i have to get a certain bloodtest for enzymes or whatever...i have tingling twitching numbness cant feel the urge to urinate fluctating bloodpressure irregular heartbeat loss of appetite diarreah u name it i got it.. its really hard esp since im 17 and just had a baby. The doctor perscribed me lyrica but i still havent taken it because i dont want to get no weird side effects. I was taking neuronthin however u spell it and it gave me really bad diarreah =l My symptoms seem to be getting better though.. i dont know if its that im getting used to it or what.. what are all your symptoms? do u have tingling and twitching also? is it all over or localized? hope to hear from you soon =]

Old 10-05-2007, 02:02 PM   #3
(female)

Angela37 HB User

I dont have any twitches or tics or anything like that.

It seemed this time to start in my legs and hands at the same time.

Many times I dont feel my legs, and when I get up in the morning, or after driving they feel like jello. I have to constantly look where I am going. THis summer we went on vacation I fell on the seal rocks. I busted my hand open, my nose open, and almost my 2 front teeth. I have fallen down our stairs numerous times.

When I go out and do alittle bit I come home, I am so exhausted and in so much pain. I run for the Lyrica, in 30 mins it helps the legs....we have a joke...when I get up, after the Lyrica works I go screaming though the house "thank the gods!" now my 4 yr old does it. I guess I shouldnt have started that. oh well..

I have carpal in both hands now, and tendonitis symptoms in the elbows, it stretches all the way up into my neck. I type from 65wpm, now I am down to like 18.

I have that slipper and glove syndrome where you feel like your wearing tight stockings and gloves all the time. Now I am starting with loose bowels, and not knowing. My eyes are affected some, spots, blotches, fuzzy focal point but that I was told was the Neuropathy.

Other than being in pain all the time, and pulling my hair out with the 4 yr old and the child of mine thats ADHD and spends 4 hrs a night on homework...I am doing pretty well!

Old 10-05-2007, 06:34 PM   #4
(female)

hypnotiic HB User

what exactly is lyrica used for?

Old 10-05-2007, 07:13 PM   #5
(female)

Angela37 HB User

Lyrica is supposed to be popular for nerve disorders assoc with MS and Neuropathy, and seizures.

Old 10-05-2007, 07:20 PM   #6
(female)

hypnotiic HB User

oo.. but does it really help?? because i dont wanna take it for nothing and get worse symptoms u know?.. do you have a sn?

Old 10-08-2007, 12:30 PM   #7
(female)

hypnotiic HB User

sn--->screen name (just incase u werent sure lol)

Closed Thread