It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2007, 05:56 AM   #1
(male)

richedie HB User
Ulnar nerve entrappment at the elbow.....

Two days ago, I had surgery to move the trapped Ulnar nerve at my left elbow. This partilcular doctor has performed hundreds of these and I even had a chance to speak with one of his patients who had much success.

Anyway, I was told to keep my arm in the 90 degree bent position even if I remove the splint for cleaning around the incision. Last night, I removed the splint and accidentally allowed my arm to drop to about a 45 degree angle for a second and then quickly back to the desired poition for healing. Could I have done damage by briefly moving the arm....disrupting the repair?

Also, does anyone know if you should still feel some pins and needles after the surgery, as the nerve heals? At this time it should not be trapped but I still get the pins and needls for now.

Thanks!
Rich

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2007, 09:14 AM   #2
(female)

Angela37 HB User
Re: Ulnar nerve entrappment at the elbow.....

I am not sure this will help, but I had ACL surgery last november. The always put that immobilzer on because they only want you to get used to the degree of mobilization gradually. This give the area time to heal. A sudden jerk can hurt you, but what you will have to do is wait and see. I would say if the area increases in pain over the next couple of days and swells thats probably a number one sign you made and uh-oh! Defintely tell him at the check up , usually orthos can tell in the physical exam by how the limb bends into the grove. I remember alot of that too from our anatomical and physiological classes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-04-2007, 10:37 PM   #3
(male)

craigsg HB User

It shouldnt really matter though the pins and needles is a bit interesting I thought that was supposed to go away straight away. I've had submuscular transpoitions in both arms. ouch

Old 12-03-2007, 10:16 PM   #4
(female)

playsharp2 HB User

I had subcutaneous transposition, and now the pain and numbness is back with a fury. Doc wants to do sub-muscular, but I'm not ready. Did yours work? I'm afraid there is entrapment somewhere else as well - double crush or TOS,

Old 06-02-2008, 08:42 PM   #5
(male)

craigsg HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by playsharp2 View Post
I had subcutaneous transposition, and now the pain and numbness is back with a fury. Doc wants to do sub-muscular, but I'm not ready. Did yours work? I'm afraid there is entrapment somewhere else as well - double crush or TOS,
Yeah i had double crush unfortunately so I have had numerous surgeries now. The submuscular transposition doesnt hurt too much. After 3 weeks you will be fine.

Old 06-03-2008, 05:56 AM   #6
(male)

richedie HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by playsharp2 View Post
Check out Dr. Sarno......look him up and his theories. Your situation was the same that a cousin of mine went through. She got better after going through the Sarno program, no lie!

Closed Thread