It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2007, 07:18 PM   #1
(male)

smurffy HB User
burning in leg and hand left side only??? any help appreciated

i have been dealing with for about eight weeks i have what feels like a burning and or ripping sensation in my calf it is very brief maybe 15 to 30 seconds at most.<P>then it travels sometimes to my thigh then my lower left side of back.
i also have a burning in my pinky and ring finger tips when this happens and burning sensation on top of my pointer finger i have been to 4 E.R.S and have seen 7 physicians.

<P> my anxiety level is through the roof because of this and i am very worried because i am normally a very healthy person.

and the stress of this situation has made my wife physically ill ,and has disrupted my family life.

i have been checked for blood clots and they have done a ton of blood tests. all negative too.

if anyone could help me i would greatly appreciate it.

Old 10-14-2007, 05:23 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

yvette777 HB User
Re: burning in leg and hand left side only??? any help appreciated

I think of shingles, being one sided, but also disc problems etc causes burning.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-26-2007, 10:34 PM   #3
(female)

SJFerggy25 HB User
Unhappy Re: burning in leg and hand left side only??? any help appreciated

In april my right hip began with the same symptoms. The burning, sharp pain which has now progressed thru my whole leg. I can't count how many doctors I have been too at this point. I too am young in my mid twenties and have always been healthy. I have found that persistance pay's off. I have seen doctors who just pass me to the next doc without as much as a conversation basicaly because they have no clue on whats going on. When my doctors did this it made me feel like giving up. But then I remembered that this is my life and I know something is wrong so I can't give up for mysake. So the advice I have for you is to make sure you see a neuroligist / pain manager (sorry for my spelling.) Pain such as what you described sounds like it is related to nerve pain. This type of pain is usuoally a symptom of another issue such as diabetee, MS. ect.. Well I hope this helps and I want you to know I feel for you and can sympathize with what you are going thru.

Old 10-27-2007, 08:07 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

have they ever given you an MRI on your c spine area?just wondering since the last two fingers of our hands correlate to the ulnar(also called the c 8 nerve in the c spine)nerve.you could conceivably have some issue at that c 8 level of your c spine that can cause problems further down in your body.trust me on that one.i have extensive damage to my c 8 nerve level at that nerve and also in the actual spinal cord too.all of my problems are L sided as well.if you have not yet had that MRI,i would highly suggest one,preferrably with contrast medium,it just helps to see certain things much more clearly.something really sounds like it is definitely being affected at that c 8 level tho.please keep us posted on how things are going,K? marcia

Old 10-27-2007, 08:34 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

pattihabs HB User

hi smerffy. i go to pain management for my nerve pain.(rsd). took along time for me to get dx'ed and the wait is not good. more damage for me cause it took so long(i'm w/c so they take long). anyway, he dx'ed me and now i am going thru all kinds of meds and treatments ect to find the right med for me. good luck and keep looking, patti

Closed Thread