It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2007, 01:06 AM   #1
(female)

bugbarb HB User
Question Doc's can't find cause-*****ling/pins&needles

[FONT="Arial"]Just over a year ago, the top of my thighs started itching on and off. Next, when I sweat, it felt like cold drops on my thighs..really weird-->I noticed my legs when I was still, sort of a vibrating/buzzing very subtle--->where I had pressure from clothes felt like I was wearing cheap wool with stickers in it--->the pins'n'needles started in thighs back, then progressed all over body. I am ok in the early day. As the day ends, it starts. Like a cloud of invisible mosquitoes with steel needle beaks attacking me randomly.--->I was seeing a neruologist for a daytime sleepiness problem when the neuropathy started. he proclaimed that I had restless limb syndrome. He gave me Lyrica, which for me is like smoking marijuana. I get stupid, sort of happy, get serious munchies (gained 30 pounds), gives me insomnia so I take melatonina nd bneadryl to sleep and I can't take it and do my work. If it gets any worse, comes on earlier in the day, I will have to go off on disability. It does give me complete relief of symptoms. I finally dumped the neuro doc after he wouldn't listen to me. I returned to my family practice doc who treated me for full blown neurological lyme disease 9 years ago. He has done so many blood tests my husband is seriously anoyed at the cost. No apparent cause so far. My doc doesn't think it is the lyme returning. My therapist thinks it is from work stress. My psychiatrist thinks it is from me heading towards menopause..........I think...I haven't a clue. So WHY IS THIS HAPPENING TO ME?
[FONT]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread