It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2007, 12:37 PM   #1
(male)

Duskin HB User
In Need of Advice

Hello,
I was hopping someone may be able to advise me on a condition I have.

Sadly no doctor thus far has been able to diagnose it, so I will have to try and describe it in the best detail I can.

Six years ago I started to notice an odd sensation akin to a small pleasant electrocution. It quickly bloomed in strength and starting giving me minor fits, which I will describe latter.

Over the years I learned how to deal with the sensation and I now posses a good deal of control over it. I am able to make myself feel it just by wanting to and with some small focus make it change in intensity. The more intense the sensation is the more the affected body part becomes lethargic and numb. If I allow the sensation to creep over my entire body I drop into a semi trance where movement is difficult and unexpected stimulus causes discomfort or pain. It scares my girlfriend when I ďtrance outĒ but itís hard not to indulge in the act because it feels so nice.

The fits I mentioned earlier happen several times a day and last no more than a second or two. They affect me mostly in my upper body, forcing my shoulders to jerk up and down and my head to move left, right, or up. My jaw often clenches during this, and combined with air often being forced out of my lungs makes me produce a grunt/hiss. I have learned how to hold them off, though the odd one catches me by surprise. I generally donít attempt to suppress them because I get a very strong blast of the pleasant sensation when I have a fit. Luckily the doctors have decided I should still be able to retain control over a vehicle.

This condition can cause a good deal of pain, though it rarely does. I suffer pain when I experience an unexpected stimulus when in ďtrance outĒ state (deeper trance takes less powerful stimulus to cause pain.), or when I am forcing the intensity of the sensation too high and somehow lose control over it (thatís a hard one to describe). The pain feels like a knife has sliced through me and can cause muscle cramps where located, it has caused a bad chest pain (I think my heart was in some distress). Skin in the affected areas sometimes appears red and forms an odd rash.

The doctors as I said before have been unable to diagnose it. They have given me an EEG, a two day EEG and an MRI, all results have been negative. At first they mused that it could be random orgasms due to the pleasant nature of the sensation, but they tossed that out the window.

Iím leaving a few things out because I donít wish to make this post too long. If you need more symptoms ask me and I will post. Thanks allot for taking the time to read this and I would be thankful for any advice you may have.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-31-2007, 09:17 AM   #2
(male)

Duskin HB User
Re: In Need of Advice

I am not surprised that no one can offer any advice for me, but I would be lying if I said I was not disappointed.

Could anyone suggest where I could find some help?

Old 11-02-2007, 04:53 PM   #3
(female)

Katirina HB User
Re: In Need of Advice

Do not feel bad that no one has answered your post. I have had post that no one has answered either so don't get discouraged. Rather think of yourself with a special problem. I would start looking up those symptoms on line and see if you get anywhere as you might be surprised what is out there. Look at all the different medical sights also. Start asking anyone you can so that someone might be able to give you an idea of where to go next. Go to another doctor at another facility. My husband had to take me 2 1/2 hrs away for me to find doctors to help with my first problem and I finally got some help. I will be praying for you to get the help you need.

Closed Thread