It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2007, 12:14 AM   #1
(female)

little chicken HB User
Unhappy i have neuropathic pain, burning backs caused by a car accident (I am new to forums)

Hi! I have been suffering from neuropathic pain for over 7 years, a year ago I found out, caused by a car accident. 6 months ago I found out I had tears in both sides of my hip, I recently had hip surgery. Yes, 7 years ago the car accident occured. I just turned 28 years old I am a female and I would like to hear from others that experience the same condition. Every day is like a nightmare, a living hell I havn't come to terms with my condition. I suffer depression as most of you out there do!
The type of pain I experience is pain all over my whole body 24/7, the worst pain is the backs of my feet. They literally burn, you can feel the heat coming off them. I take so many pain killers a day, I am on oxynorm 20 mg, I take around 8 a day and still I am in pain. I can't stand pain killers but I have no choice. I have been on lyrica, endep for neuropathic pain neither worked, does anybody no of other meds that help? Hopefully soon I will have a spinal cord stimulater inserted. I have never spoken to someone with the same condition, I have spoken to many people with back problems but neuropathic pain is completely different. It is fustrating trying to explain what I have to others because if you don't have it you don't understand. People assume because I look healthy, 47 kgs I am ok, a silent desease! Sometimes I feel why, why me? but as I have read alot on the internet I know I am not the only one. So if there is anyone out there that could share there pain feel free, I would like to talk to others, maybe we can help each other!

Last edited by little chicken; 11-06-2007 at 01:06 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-06-2007, 05:58 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: i have neuropathic pain, burning backs caused by a car accident (I am new to for

Have you ever actually had an MRI done post accident?if so,what did it state?have you had a follow up one more recently?what did you actually injure in that accident,c spine okay?do you have copies of any radiology reports including any MRIs done?sorry for all the questions but it would help alot knowing these answers.marcia

Old 11-06-2007, 05:19 PM   #3
(female)

little chicken HB User
Re: i have neuropathic pain, burning backs caused by a car accident (I am new to for

Hello Marcia! I had an MRI right after the car accident I was led to believe I had problems with L-5 S-1, I had CT scans, even though nothing really showed up. I have had over 5 MRI's, alot of other scans.
I looked up your profile and I see you have had back related surgeries, probably stupid question but do you suffer neuropathic pain. Did your surgeries help in anyway?
I was 21 when I had the car accident, after doc's gave me a hard time, telling me pain was in my head I broke down, I could not take it anymore. Suffering so much pain I gave up, not long after giving up, I lost my brother. So for a few years I was in a dark hole. One morning I woke up and I thought I can't keep living like this I have to go back to the doctors. I had a fresh MRI and again nothing showed up again, the neurologist I seen clearly saw I was in pain. He referred me to another doc who is an expert in diagnosing patients through injections. A lot of the injections were in my back, after one of the injections I thought I had relief (wasn't the typical long affecting cortisone, temporary) So the doc burnt some of my nerves in my lower back. It really didn't help that much, I then had hip injections. Normally people that have tears in their hips feel groin pain, knee pain but I hadn't. I had leg pain and so on, I am 10 percent of cases who don't feel groin pain. So I ended up finding out I had tears in both sides of hip. As I explained I just had hip surgery I thought it would help my pain alot, but unfortunately it hasn't. My neuropathic pain has gotten worst. I can't walk, the pain is unbearable. What situation are you in Marcia, are you able to lead a reasonable life? Has your pain affected your lifestyle?

Closed Thread