It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2008, 07:55 PM   #16
Senior Veteran
(female)

rayefaye HB User
Re: What can I do....

It could be, do you have any real sharp shooting pain or real bad throbbing pain? I would say like the kind you get when you have a real bad toothache that the best way to describe nerve pain. If it's nerve pain a cortizone shot won't help, a nerve block would be better. There are also nerve medications that help as well. What kind of injury did you have, if you mind me asking?

Last edited by rayefaye; 01-01-2008 at 07:58 PM.

Old 01-02-2008, 09:47 PM   #17
(female)

shorty03906 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayefaye View Post
It could be, do you have any real sharp shooting pain or real bad throbbing pain? I would say like the kind you get when you have a real bad toothache that the best way to describe nerve pain. If it's nerve pain a cortizone shot won't help, a nerve block would be better. There are also nerve medications that help as well. What kind of injury did you have, if you mind me asking?
Some days I have either a real sharp pain other days I have a throbbing pain. And some days I have both. I was sitting in a chair with an arm rest and went to turn and my arm went between the arm rest and a desk. If that helps at all. Sorry if it doesnt I dont know how to explain it eaiser. That happened in June 2007, I didnt say anything until July 2007 b/c it didnt start hurting until than. I am on workmans comp also.

What does an MRI show? The doctor suggested to do that. Just curious.

Would they be able to cast my arm so I am forced not to use it? Even though I wear a brace sometimes I still use it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-03-2008, 04:24 PM   #18
Senior Veteran
(female)

rayefaye HB User

It does sound like it could be nerve related. A MRI might show some nerve damage but the sure test for nerve damage is called a Nerve Conduction Test which can be painful. The hook up these electrobes to the area and send an electric type shock into the area to see if they get a nerve response. If it is nerve related a brace nor a cast with help with this usually they give you a type of nerve medication to help with the pain. So I hope for your sake is not nerve related and that the MRI shows something else instead. But it could be nerve related since you have been suffering all this time with the same kind of pain.

Old 01-06-2008, 10:31 AM   #19
(female)

shorty03906 HB User

Quote:
It does sound like it could be nerve related. A MRI might show some nerve damage but the sure test for nerve damage is called a Nerve Conduction Test which can be painful. The hook up these electrobes to the area and send an electric type shock into the area to see if they get a nerve response. If it is nerve related a brace nor a cast with help with this usually they give you a type of nerve medication to help with the pain. So I hope for your sake is not nerve related and that the MRI shows something else instead. But it could be nerve related since you have been suffering all this time with the same kind of pain.

Is the Nerve Conduction Test like an EMG?

Old 01-06-2008, 06:21 PM   #20
Senior Veteran
(female)

rayefaye HB User

Yes, that stick these little electrobes things in you and it kinda shocks you. Then the doctor watches to see if any activity shows up. I have two nerves that are basically dead in my left arm. With an EMG test I think that stick them in your muscles where as the Nerve Conduction test, they stick it in the skin part. Either way they hurt like crazy if there's nothing wrong with the nerve.

Old 01-06-2008, 08:52 PM   #21
(female)

shorty03906 HB User

Quote:
Yes, that stick these little electrobes things in you and it kinda shocks you. Then the doctor watches to see if any activity shows up. I have two nerves that are basically dead in my left arm. With an EMG test I think that stick them in your muscles where as the Nerve Conduction test, they stick it in the skin part. Either way they hurt like crazy if there's nothing wrong with the nerve.
I had an EMG Test, but they just stuck these things onto my arm. That was when I first hurt my arm. What would an MRI show?

Old 01-07-2008, 09:24 AM   #22
Senior Veteran
(female)

rayefaye HB User

A MRI can pick up joint damage, the tissue around the area and slipped discs. It also picks up there's any damage to the tendons or ligaments around the area. MRI's can really pick up more than X-rays and some Cat Scans. For instance, I had a MRI of my shoulder and it pick up a slight tear in the tendon around the rotorary cuff.

Old 01-21-2008, 07:28 PM   #23
(female)

shorty03906 HB User

Quote:
A MRI can pick up joint damage, the tissue around the area and slipped discs. It also picks up there's any damage to the tendons or ligaments around the area. MRI's can really pick up more than X-rays and some Cat Scans. For instance, I had a MRI of my shoulder and it pick up a slight tear in the tendon around the rotorary cuff.
I had the MRI done today but I dont know how to read them, so I will have to wait until the 28th of Jan to see what they say. Unless anyone knows how to read them and can help me out.

Old 01-22-2008, 09:41 AM   #24
Senior Veteran
(female)

rayefaye HB User

Hi Shorty, glad to hear you had the MRI done. As for how to read what it says I really have no clue but there are some people here who do. So why don't you post a thread asking if anyone can tell you what it means. That's what I lot of people do and so do understand what they mean.

Closed Thread