It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2007, 10:31 AM   #1
(female)

hypnotiic HB User
emg results!!

ok..i had an emg done about 2months ago...restults are...

Bilateral Media SNAP was slowed around the wrists. Right unular, radial and sural SNAP was normal. Right median, unular, peroneal, and tibial CMPA was normal. F-waves and H-reflexes were normal. Needle EMG of right arm and leg muscles was performed. Patchy small polyphasic were seen in muscles. Other muscles tested were normal.

Impressions:
Mild bilateral median neuropathy around wrists. Patchy small polyphasic units in proximal muscles suggested subtle myopathy.

does anyone here have myopathy or know of it? I have alot of twitches.. i thought it would be either neuropathy or als.. do any of my finding look like ones that would be ina als emg? please help with info..thanks!!

Old 12-21-2007, 07:19 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rayefaye HB User
Re: emg results!!

Myopathy is a neuromuscular disorder which is some type of dysfunction of the muscle fiber.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-21-2007, 08:50 AM   #3
(female)

hypnotiic HB User

o0hh ok thanks.. but i was wondering .. could it be als since im having twitching.. i read somewhere that you can get twitching with myopathy but all i keep thinking is als.. would the emg have come out different if it were als? thanks again =)

Old 12-21-2007, 04:55 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

rayefaye HB User

ALS is a disease of the nervous system that attacks the nerve cells or neurons in your brain or spinal cord. The first most noticable signs are trouble walking or running, trouble writing and speech problems. Then eventually, it causes you to be unable to move. I hope this helps you as far as understanding what ALS is.

Old 12-23-2007, 04:03 PM   #5
(female)

hypnotiic HB User

yes thanks but i wanna know if my emg results look like they could be als...thanks again =]

Old 12-25-2007, 11:57 AM   #6
Inactive
(male)

john449 HB User

Don't see where your doc mentioned fasciculations. Without fasciculations it would be difficult to make a case for ALS.

Old 12-26-2007, 01:37 PM   #7
(female)

hypnotiic HB User

during the time of the exam i wasnt having any but now i have them alot.. some days more then other.. wouldnt any other things have to show up on the emg also besides twitching. i heard you can get twitching with myopathy too.. is this true? thanks again =]

Old 12-26-2007, 10:51 PM   #8
Inactive
(male)

john449 HB User

You know electromyography is a complex study with a great variety of normal and abnormal wave patterns and clinical correlates that can only be appreciated by the person doing the test. You should be asking that person these questions, not us. Go back to your doc!

Old 12-28-2007, 03:07 PM   #9
(female)

hypnotiic HB User

yes i understand but i think i need to change docks because my doc doesnt really explain things well.. all she said is its not als.. im just wondering if anyone here knows about als and could re assure me that my emg isnt pointing towards it.. thanks!

Old 12-28-2007, 04:47 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

rayefaye HB User

There is a ALS board, so maybe you can post your question there and maybe someone there can answer your question.

Closed Thread