It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2007, 07:02 AM   #1
(female)

becky060599 HB User
Lyrica

I have been on Lyrica for about 3 weeks. Since then I have noticed that I have some numbness in the tips of my fingers. Is this a side effect of the drug?

Old 01-11-2008, 10:14 AM   #2
(female)

Clerklady HB User
Re: Lyrica

Becky,

I am on lyrica and I am not sure if it is or not. I have been on it for about 2 months, while it has helped, the side effects were awful until my Dr told me that I was not at a theraputic dose, sence I have been, the side effects have went away. She started me on it slowly and raised the doseage up after a week or so. I posted on another board but no one answered I was wondering if anyone on lyrica has these side effects, I am not sure if it is the lyrica or something else. But here goes: does it effect you hormonally. Like I had not had a period in 6 mos (premeno) at 45, and all of the sudden I have had, my joints in the morning feel very swollen (buldging disc in neck), I do not sleep well and when I wake in the middle of the night my joints hurt really bad, my breast are also swollen and are very hurtfull to touch, and lumpy feeling. All of this has came about sense I was put on Lyrica, it helps with the nerve pain but these side effect are not fun. I feel I am at a low dose along with some other med's that I have been on for over two years, so I can rule them out unless the combo of all is causing it. I asked my Dr about the periods because I was on it a week and had a period and she said not a side effect.....I have an appointment today with my Dr so maybe she can shed some light also.

But Becky to tell you I do not have numbness in my fingers, just all this other stuff.

Good luck, sorry no one answered you.....Glad I found some other new person on this drug, is it helping you besides the numbness??? God Bless Denise

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2008, 03:44 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

rayefaye HB User

Numbness and the sensations of pins and needles are one of the listed side effects from lyrica. If it gets to bothersome then let your doctor know. I have taken lyrica but it didn't help with my nerve pain. I take neurontin instead which helps me alot but sometimes doesn't work well for others.

Old 01-16-2008, 05:13 PM   #4
(female)

unsinkable47 HB User

Hi!

I am a 47 year old female and I have been on Lyrica for about 3 months now. I take 300 mg a day. I like it better than neurotin. But, not thinking about it until reading the postings I have noticed my periods are longer. Did not link the two before. But I was thinking it may be the big "M" word LOL. Now I think I will bring it up to my doctor next time I see him. I really have not noticed any side effects except for being tired but can't seem to find anything I have been prescribed that doesn't.

I hope things smooth out for you soon.

Old 01-18-2008, 10:47 AM   #5
(female)

Clerklady HB User

unsink,

I would be interested is hearing what your Dr says about your periods. Read my post below, I thought I was premeno, no period for 6 mos and then the first week. I also think that the soreness in my breast was PMS, which I never ever has any symptoms before my periods. I went and even had my Dr check my breast for lumps, I was pretty scared, she said no relation to the lyrica. I had my period and now everything is back to normal or as normal as they get. I was wondering if you have ever tried B12, I have been taking it the last few weeks and I feel better when taking it, more energy and I sleep better and overall feel good. It was something that my husband takes he is diabetic, he told me to try it and I can see some good change. Have you ever tried B12 or has anyone else tried it for nerve pain?? I am wondering if I want to feel better that I could take anything and think in my head I feel better. I did not take it for a few days and was back to feeling worse and not sleeping at night, so started back today and I feel better let's see if I sleep better than I will know..Anyway God Bless, let me know what your Dr says. Denise

Old 01-24-2008, 10:14 AM   #6
(female)

unsinkable47 HB User

Hello Clerklady,

Glad to hear you are doing better. I have not tried B12 but I am willing to give it a shot. I am always willing to find something that will make me feel better. As for addressing my doctor about my periods I have not managed to get into see him yet.

I do appreciate the tip about the B12.

Hope you things keep improving for you,

Marcy

Old 01-24-2008, 02:23 PM   #7
(female)

CittyCat HB User

I can't remember when I was prescribed Lyrica, after being on neurontine for years. But about a year ago I started having sever knee pain and thought it was a torn miniscus only to find out that my tendons are swollen. I have to elevate my legs and ice my knees. Now I have nerve pain in one of the knees. I see my Dr. in a week and will report all my concerns. I just don't have any idea what he'll be able to give me!

Cathy

Old 01-25-2008, 04:51 PM   #8
(male)

frankc4 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CittyCat View Post
I can't remember when I was prescribed Lyrica, after being on neurontine for years. But about a year ago I started having sever knee pain and thought it was a torn miniscus only to find out that my tendons are swollen. I have to elevate my legs and ice my knees. Now I have nerve pain in one of the knees. I see my Dr. in a week and will report all my concerns. I just don't have any idea what he'll be able to give me!

Cathy

Old 01-25-2008, 05:02 PM   #9
(male)

frankc4 HB User

I Have Been Taking 75mg S Twice A Day And After Reading A Previouss Post I Just Realized My Joints In My Knees Were Never Swollen Before I Started Taking Iit Anybody Else Have Same Symptons Btw I Have Had Neuorpathy For 3 Years Brought On By Harsh Meds To Kill Staff Infection I My Bones So I'm Looking For Anything To Help With The Pain In My Legs And Feet And Now It Is In My Hands If Anyone Can Help Much Appreciate Thanks

Old 01-25-2008, 07:11 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

rayefaye HB User

What type of pain are you suffering from? Does you get a burning sensation, throbbing or stabbing type pains?

Old 01-30-2008, 10:12 AM   #11
(female)

Clerklady HB User

Citty & Frank,

I have also noticed swollen hands and joints and also knee pain. It feels like my knees have fallen asleep and are very swollen but when I touch them they do not feel swollen. My elbows hurts so bad I have bearly lift my arms. They do not feel swollen to the touch, but hurt all the time. My hands do not hurt but feel are swollen all day. I started Lyrica several months ago and it has been a great help with my nerve pain and I sleep better. I have bulding dics in my neck and some nerve damage but I have also been referred to a Rhumy, for muscle pain, major muscle pain, like I have been on 24 hour workout everyday. I think I have something else going on, my MD is thinking RA or some sort of myalgia...I am not sure if that is correct or it is the side effect of the lyrica.
Hopefully the Rhumy will get to the bottom of it, I was blood tesed several years ago for RA and all sorts of other problems and they all came back neg. So for now I take a small dose of ultram, lyrica, B-12 and Valium for spasms. Has anyone tried B12, I have found it works to make me overall feel better, can't discribe the relief, hard to put into words. Wondering if anyone else uses B12. God Bless Denise

Old 04-12-2008, 09:04 PM   #12
(female)

mimi214nc HB User

when I was on Lyrica it did't effect my period's but it did give me terrible leg cramp's that were so bad that I couldn't even touch them. anyone ever have that kind of side effect's? also have you ever heard of using nitroglycerin spray or vick's vapor rub? I've tried the vapor rub it work's alittle bit but not for very long.

Old 05-07-2008, 02:03 PM   #13
(male)

klwass HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayefaye View Post
Numbness and the sensations of pins and needles are one of the listed side effects from lyrica. If it gets to bothersome then let your doctor know.
Where did you hear/read that a Lyrica side effect could be numbness and sensations of pins and needles?

I have searched extensively and have not found what you are saying.

If you have specific info, please let me know. It is very important because I am taking Lyrica and am now experiencing numbness and tingling in my arms and hands. I did not before.

Thanks!

klwass

Old 05-07-2008, 07:27 PM   #14
(female)

Aimeehurts HB User

I take Lyrica for RSD.

My dr just had me switch how I took it. I was doing 100mg 3 times a day. Well I was dizzy so he wants me to take 100 in am and 200 at night.

(makes sense - I guess)

Closed Thread