It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2008, 04:27 PM   #1
(male)

tbone77 HB User
MRI help Sacral question - sitting pain

I've had issues with sitting pain in the rectal area for several months and my primary physician (whom i'm ditching ASAP) is useless and gotten it completely wrong before on a previous unrelated surgery.

My MRI says:

Findings:
There is a small focus of bone marrow edema within the anterior right sacral ala just medial to the SI joint, anterior aspect. No evidence of associated mass or joint abnormality. No other abnormal bone marrow signal is identified. Allowing for the presence of peristaltic motior artifact, the pelvic soft tissue structures appear to be negative. The prostate, bladder, and adjacent bowel structures appear negative. There are small bilateral hydroceles in the scrotum. Penis and testicles appear negative as visualized. No free fluid in the pelvis. Pelvic fat planes are well-maintained with no evidenced of mass or adenopathy.

Impression:
1. Small focus of bone marrow edema within the anterior right sacral ala, nonspecific. The adjacent SI joint is negative.
2. Small bilateral hydroceles. Consider scrotal ultrasound for further evaluation of testicles and epididymal structures if clinically warranted. No other scral abnormalities are identified by MRI, however.
3. Otherwise negative MRI pelvis examination.

So after this reading my doctor seems to be ignoring the #1 impression and instead is sending me to get an ultrasound on my scrotum. I have no pain or swelling of the scrotum or testiciles. My pain is when I sit and feels deep inside.

Does anyone know if the #1 impression could be the source of my sitting pain?

Thanks.

Last edited by tbone77; 01-04-2008 at 04:41 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread