It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2008, 11:36 AM   #1
(female)

Tori41 HB UserTori41 HB User
Pain Med. brings up more pain?

Hi:
I went to a Neurologist late in Nobember, 2007 due to pain in the leg and he rx'ed Neurontin 100 mg. At the beginning, it seemed working pretty good as seeing that pain in the leg got to subsided. Also, there were NO side-effects to worry.

However, three weekes in the Neurontin/Gabapentin 100 mg. before bed-time, I started to experience a pain during the days which I never had prior to Gabapentin 100mg. For experiment, I discontined it completely for about two weeks as of today, .... however a pain around pelvic has been so excruciating right after getting up in the morning that I started taking Aleve 2 tabs which helping good.

However, I started wondering whether I should go back to Gabapentin 100 mg. at night as my Neurologist told me so, even though this seems to bring up a pain during the days that I never got before taking Gabapentin 100 mg.

If any of you on this board has an experience as described above, .... I would be truly appreciate it if you could share an experience along with some strategy to deal with a pain in general.

Thanks,

Old 01-21-2008, 08:13 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: Pain Med. brings up more pain?

the one big thing i have learned over time with these types of anti seizure meds is just about ANYTHING can happen.i had what you are experiencing actually occur with cymbalta.not an anti S med but something that is supposed to 'help' relieve pain and it made things really bad for my central pain syndrome in my arm.

i have tried many different anti S meds over the past six years or so with some of the most insane types of side effects and reactions occur in my body somewhere.its the nature of these types of meds since they act directly on the brain.it IS possible to have what you have going on from a med.it just is.i would have an in depth chat with your neuro about this and see if you can try another type of anti S med.not all of them are exactly alike.you may get better results from another one,just not this one.it would really just be very inhumane to keep you on a med that is INCREASING your pain process,you know what i mean?the side effects from any med we take are very highly individual and unpredictacble unfortunetly.but when we do have some sort of a reaction with one it is up to our docs to just taper us off and to try something else.common sense.if for some crazy reason your neuro wont do this for you,i would most definitely go see another one who actually cares about their patients.you shouldn't have to stay on any med that is just causing you any real side effects that create problems for you ya know?i wish you luck with this and hope you can try something else that will actually work and not give the side effects,please keep me posted.Marcia

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread