It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2008, 09:40 AM   #1
(female)

sunnybear1962 HB User
Question Anyone on Fentanyl patch for neuropathy pain?

My doctor is going to give me a script for this next week. Is anyone on this now and how does it make you feel? i have taken percocets before but it was only 5mg. i have been on the cymbalta 120 mgs for 2 years now. i can't take the lyrica or neurontin as they make my edema worse in my feet and legs. so the patch is my next choice. i can't walk now without pain so i basically sleep all the time. im really excited to know i might beable to start doing more things soon is the patch really does help my pain. I have pain all over my body, hands, arms, back. anyone that can give me some advice would be great. thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-22-2008, 09:18 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

don'tlikecold HB User
Re: Anyone on Fentanyl patch for neuropathy pain?

I am not at that point yet but I know others who are on the patch and think it is a miracle for pain relief. Since you have already taken Percocets, you shouldn't have any problem but if you notice any trouble breathing, go to the ER right away. You can shower and do all your activities with the patch. The only downside is that it is not refillable so you have to go pick up your prescription every month. This makes it difficult to plan for trips. I know of one man who couldn't get his next prescription before he had to leave for a dream vacation. He had saved for years but forgot about his medication. He had to cancel the trip because he couldn't get itfilled. So just make sure you plan carefully.

And I wish you well with getting control of your pain! Let us know how it goes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread