It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2008, 09:54 AM   #1
(female)

Jade27 HB User
Unhappy What is causing tingling and muscle spasms in my body?? HELP!

Hi I'm a 27 year old female that has been experiencing weird sensations all over my body for about 2 weeks now. First let me tell you that before I experienced all this I had a very bad cold that turned into asthma. I'm on medication for the asthma but the cough seems not to want to go away. The tingling, burning and muscle spasms started about two weeks ago. One night while I was sleeping I had a tingling that started from my lower back and traveled all the way to my scalp. After this episode I had some spasms in my back, arms, legs and feet. The head tingling is mostly gone but I still feel some tingling in my lower back, finger tips, knees and thighs. I also feel burning in different spots. Just a few days ago I felt bad pain at the side of my neck and I had a bad migraine that didn't let me sleep. I am going to see my doctor in a couple of days and I'm scared of what she might find. Could this be MS?? I'm also suspecting Fibromyalgia because I have many of the symptoms. Please HELP!

Old 03-23-2008, 02:54 PM   #2
(male)

tintinrob HB User
Re: What is causing tingling and muscle spasms in my body?? HELP!

Hi Jade27, I am sorry to hear of your current experience. My illness started a bit like yours, the medics thought it was 'atypical pneumonia' (legionnaires disease), but it turned out to be 'Churg Strauss syndrome', the pain and tingling is caused by eosinophilia (your protective immune system goes crazy and affects your blood vessels and nerves). I'm not saying this is what you have, in fact it's very rare... but ask your physician if you can have a blood test for eosinophilia, if it's left untreated it's nasty, early treatment sorts it out. Rob.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2008, 06:57 PM   #3
(female)

Jade27 HB User
Re: What is causing tingling and muscle spasms in my body?? HELP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintinrob View Post
Hi Jade27, I am sorry to hear of your current experience. My illness started a bit like yours, the medics thought it was 'atypical pneumonia' (legionnaires disease), but it turned out to be 'Churg Strauss syndrome', the pain and tingling is caused by eosinophilia (your protective immune system goes crazy and affects your blood vessels and nerves). I'm not saying this is what you have, in fact it's very rare... but ask your physician if you can have a blood test for eosinophilia, if it's left untreated it's nasty, early treatment sorts it out. Rob.
Hi, I have never heard of this condition but it sure sounds like it might be what I have.. I have some of the symptoms and it says it is brought on by bronchial conditions such as asthma which i have.. I will look into this..Thank you so much for the information

Closed Thread