It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2008, 06:04 PM   #1
(female)

jamie82 HB User
Question Suffering with foot drop for 16 yrs!

Hello everyone,
I'm a 25 yr old female who has been suffering with foot drop for the past 16 yrs. I was in a MVA when I was 9 in which I fractured both femurs and had to be in traction for 30 days and was diagnosed with peroneal nerve palsy. To make a long story short, the surgery was fairly new then and since I had been through so much already I decided against having the tendon transfer.
Fast forward 16 years-
I had a pretty normal life, I never let my foot drop prevent me from doing anything. I chose not to wear the AFO (kids are very cruel during middle school and high school) but was still able to participate in cheerleading and other activities. I began having hip pain about 3 yrs ago and was treated for many different things. I was finially diagnosed with an FAI (Femoral Acetabular Impingement) and a large Labral Tear. I am now 6 weeks post op from a surgical hip dislocation and labral debridement. This surgery has me considering the tendon transfer, I am wondering if anyone has had success with the tendon transfer after so many years. Please if anyone has any information I would appreciate it!
Thanks!
Jamie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread