It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2008, 08:19 PM   #1
(female)

tasha74 HB User
Please help

In feb this year i had surgury and all went well, a week after the surgury i noticed that around the cut i was numb, i asked the dr and was told it was normal, two weeks after that i noticed that i was now numb to my bellbutton and down to my knees, again i was told that this was normal and could take up to 6 mths to improve. At my 8 week check up i asked the dr about it again as at this time i was numb all over, from my face to under my feet and all over, i was told that i must of been numb b4 the surgury and that it was nothing to do with the surgury and to go to my gp. I have now no idea how tight im holding things and have a tendancy to drop things often, my legs have a twich that comes and goes, and im suffering with headakes that last up to 2 weeks, my gp has told me that i have generalised neuropathy, can someone please tell me what this is, other than what my body has already shown me.
Thanks.
since my last post I have had a nerve conduction study done and the results were below normal range <3.7 what ever that means, I have just had a mri done and still waiting on results of that, i have developed a new symtom in which i end up losing total use of my lower body from the waist down for up to 7 hours each time, i constantly have sharp burning pains that feel as someone has put a hot sharp knife in my arms and legs, is there anyone who has is going through the same that can help me understand what is going on as i can not get in to see a neurologest till mid december,
Thanks

Last edited by tasha74; 07-12-2008 at 06:19 PM. Reason: new symptoms

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2008, 05:24 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Aussie100 HB UserAussie100 HB UserAussie100 HB UserAussie100 HB UserAussie100 HB UserAussie100 HB UserAussie100 HB UserAussie100 HB User
Re: Please help

Hi tasha, i really do think that this definitely should have warrantied earlier investigation by other medical professionals other than ones related to your surgery.

Your surgeon obviously seems to be avoiding any possible complications they may or not be related to your surgery .... and your GP is only saying you what you already know, that you have generalized nerve pain [ " neuro " meaning nerve and " pathy " mean's damage], but no possible etiology is mentioned in your post.

I would get a refferal to a neuro that specializes in Peripheral Neuropathy, they will run a variety of blood tests to try to find the causation,
sorry i can't be of more help, i hope someone else here can help more.
Aussie

Old 07-12-2008, 06:22 PM   #3
(female)

tasha74 HB User
Re: Please help

I have also had blood test that ruled out anything that i could of inherited from my parents, they also came back clear.

Closed Thread