It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2008, 06:37 AM   #1
(female)

shabbyanne HB User
digestive malfunctions

Does anybody else have problems with the delicate topic of having bowel movements? I recently went 3 weeks with no action, drank the bottle of stuff that you take before surgery to clean yourself out and still no reaction. Then went to the doctor who said she heard no movement in my belly at all. I am now on Reglan, 4 times a day, going on my 4th day, and still very little change. I've read that the neuropathy can affect your bowels, your bladder, etc. I've had trouble urinating for about 6 months now, have to really strain. Anyone else have this trouble and found a way to improve things? This is getting ridiculous, I look 6 months pregnant and can't even fit into my fat clothes!!

Old 04-20-2008, 01:13 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Aussie100 HB UserAussie100 HB UserAussie100 HB UserAussie100 HB UserAussie100 HB UserAussie100 HB UserAussie100 HB UserAussie100 HB User
Re: digestive malfunctions

Hi Shabbyanne, this sounds absolutely terrible, i don't know if this will help your severe case, but constipation is sometimes helped by sipping hot water, just boil the water and just sip it when its cool enough to drink, may even take a couple days of hot water before it works, but no guaranties though, might be worth a shot.
Somebody else may have another possible solution, hopefully.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-20-2008, 02:29 PM   #3
(female)

Sinead47 HB User
Angry Re: digestive malfunctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabbyanne View Post
Does anybody else have problems with the delicate topic of having bowel movements? I recently went 3 weeks with no action, drank the bottle of stuff that you take before surgery to clean yourself out and still no reaction. Then went to the doctor who said she heard no movement in my belly at all. I am now on Reglan, 4 times a day, going on my 4th day, and still very little change. I've read that the neuropathy can affect your bowels, your bladder, etc. I've had trouble urinating for about 6 months now, have to really strain. Anyone else have this trouble and found a way to improve things? This is getting ridiculous, I look 6 months pregnant and can't even fit into my fat clothes!!
I read this and thought omg that is me, i have always had trouble with my bowels, (i dont think i have any, or they dont work) i have been to the Doctors on several occasions and she has told me to drink plenty water, orange squashes, boiled cooled water, but none of them do a thing for me, my Daughter who is now 10 years old is exactly the same as me, sometimes her stomach looks like she has swallowed a water melon or a Football. I can go for 15-19 days with no bowel movement, i suffer with terrible stomach ache and bloating. I have found one tablet that works well for me Dulco-Lax Pearles, they are tiny little pills, i normally take 2 at night and if they dont work i take a further two the following evening which normally works well, i like these pills as they dont cause me any discomfort like other laxatives i have tried, maybe you should give this a go, hope this helps you

Old 04-20-2008, 09:35 PM   #4
(male)

woondog HB User
Re: digestive malfunctions

Take Metameucil, 3x A Day.....it Works Wonders For Me. The Woondog

Closed Thread