It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2008, 12:40 AM   #1
(male)

chicagoprinter HB User
Smile car seat recommendations

Hi,

I'm new! This looks like an excellent site. I glad I found it. I'll try to help with any information that I think will help others.

When I get into my car seat, and sometimes a seat at home, my legs get much number than they were when I was standing or walking. In fact, my foot gets so numb that I can no longer feel the gas pedal. This has limited me to driving around no longer than a half hour. After that, I feel I'm a danger to myself and others on the road. I can't seem to find a position where my legs have the same feeling as to when I'm standing up. I've tried about 10 different cushions but, have not had any relief. Since this is a progressive disease, if this keeps up, I wouldn't be able to drive. At home I sometimes have to try 4 different chairs before my legs don't die on me. (Some days one chair feels better than others. Another day I feel better in a different chair).

Have any of you found a cushion that somehow does not press on the nerves so that it doesn't inhibit the feelings in my legs?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciately.

Thanks,

chicagoprinter

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2008, 03:25 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Aussie100 HB UserAussie100 HB UserAussie100 HB UserAussie100 HB UserAussie100 HB UserAussie100 HB UserAussie100 HB UserAussie100 HB User
Re: car seat recommendations

If your hands aren't affected by PN, then i would be thinking about getting the car converted to hand control for brakes and gas, i would be lost without the use of my car.
best of luck
Aussie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2008, 10:29 PM   #3
(male)

chicagoprinter HB User

Hi Aussie 100,

Thanks for the response. Actually, that same thought had occured to me. I know I'll have to do that some where down the line. I was hoping that the line would be a whole lot longer then it is turning out to be.

Only had the pleasure of visiting Austrailia once and that was to Sydney. We've wanted to go back and see more but, various health issues kept getting in the way. Unbelieveable nice people down there, even if they do talk with a funny accent.

chicagoprinter

Old 05-25-2008, 07:31 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

don444 HB Userdon444 HB User

If you are like most men you keep your wallet in your back pocket even when you drive. If you do this I suggest you remove your wallet from you rear pocket and put it in your shirt pocket while driving. Trust me, it makes a world of difference.

Old 05-27-2008, 12:33 AM   #5
(male)

chicagoprinter HB User

Hi,

Glad it works for you. I travel lite. Whatever I carry is in my front pockets.

It sounds like a good suggestion but, doesn't apply to my situation.

Regards,

chicagoprinter

Closed Thread