It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2008, 09:15 PM   #1
(female)

martinz3 HB User
Sister's car accident has left her with nerve damage in her foot.

Hi, I am new to this site I was researching my sister's injuries and found it. I am looking for information or other people who have similar injuries so I can understand what to expect.
My sister was in a car accident on the 8th of April and spent 21 days in the hospital which started as a dislocated hip and then turned into surgery 15 days later. She had two plates put in to stabilize it. She was in traction afterward for a week, then they found a total of four blood clots and put a filter in her vena cava. During all of this she lost feeling in her foot and they said it was the nerve that branches off of the sciatic. They initially thought it was temporary, but we have got conflicting opinions and now they say it could be permanent. On Friday she was transferred to a nursing home for rehab, but is still in so much pain I am lost as to what her outcome will be for recovery. I am running two households and am taking care of her children.
I am hopeful that in time she will regain use of her foot and be able to return to work, but am worried that maybe it is permanent. I guess I am just lost because even the doctors are unsure of her recovery. Any information would really be appreciated.

Closed Thread