It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2008, 09:16 AM   #1
(female)

rlc41 HB User
A new aggravation

My first post, so please bear with me. I'm new to the joys of what seems like new feet and hands. I started having numbness in my feet and then my hands about a year ago but I figured ignoring it would solve the problem. Then the first of September I just collapsed walking down the hallway. Off to the emergency room and a five day stay. I think every trace mineral in my body was screwed up with potassium being the biggy. After getting a handle on that, the numbness stay along with pain. Gabapentin seems to do a fairly good job most of the time with pain control. I have seen quite a bit of improvement since then. My balance is pretty good most of the time. I have gained back some muscle and strength. I quit driving for a while when my foot slipped off the brake and couldn't find my foot but when I did hit the gas instead. I did find the brake before taking out the whole neighborhood. Then one day I realized I knew where my feet are all the time and started driving again. Which was good as I live alone. Not alone, two cats let me stay here but they aren't very good about going to the grocery store. For a long time I was always comprehensive about leaving the house. What if there was stairs with out a hand rail etc. I did get over that too. I think I have actually had some improvemnt. And of course I have learned how to adapt to my new hands and feet. Keep a pair of vice grips in the silverware drawer! I did finally get rid of the hammer and put it back in the tool box.

It's funny, how something numb can have so many different twitches, glitches and things that go eeeeeeeeeeeee! But today I have something really new to me and it's driving me nuts. Both my hands and feet are itching. Not just a little but a lot of itching. Itching is one thing they haven't done. I tried some benidril and the jury is still out on if it is helping. Is this something that comes with the neuropathy package? If anyone has experienced this, will it stop?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-22-2008, 10:51 AM   #2
(female)

cream9518 HB User
Thumbs up Re: A new aggravation

Hi rlc41, have you seen a neurologist? Have numbness of feet and going up part of my legs more that ever before. Was diagonosed with idiopathic Peripheral Neuropathy. Have been taking 200mgs of Lyrica daily for a few months. Was on 400mgs but did not get any relief from the numbness and electric shocks in my back. I also have two cats but have a daughter who is my chauffeur and shops with me. Here is to better health, God speed. Would like to hear from you.
Cream9518

Closed Thread