It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2008, 02:37 PM   #1
(female)

CocoKai HB User
Post Viral Laryngeal Neuropathy

Does anyone have this??? I was sick in Oct. 2007 with a small cold that seemed to go to my throat. I had the sensation of breathing difficulties and coughing, especially while walking. Albuterol, Pulmicort, etc. never worked. Beginning of the year, I had the sensation of stuff caught in my throat, waves up and down my larynx. After MANY doctors and many diagnosis, this is what I got...I guess. I've been on Neurontin, no luck. Now I'm on Lyrica but the tingling, pain, strangling, object sensation, etc. seems worse, not better. There is a location under my jaw and on top of my salivary gland that I can push and it just throbs.....all evil stems from this spot.

Seeing how this appears to be an uncommon disease, I can find very little information on it and no fellow sufferers. I've had every test and all are clear. Doctors say that these nerves are to small to see in a CAT, MRI, etc. Looking for any other people out there to compare notes with and methods of ridding myself of this pain in the throat.

Closed Thread