It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2008, 02:20 PM   #1
(female)

jennypenny23 HB User
Head shock (similar to funnybone)

Hi All,

I'm hoping someone can help me.
Since I can remember, every now and again at a spontaneous moment, I get a very painful but short(few seconds) electric shock (likened to a funny bone sensation) from the base of my head to the top of my head (left or right side it varies).
I can get them anything from a few times a day to a few times a month to one in months.
It's quite painful and makes my head involuntarily jerk.
There is no pattern at all to this. The last time I got it though (about a week ago) the shock went throught the left side of my head but my ear was tingly/numb after (this was a first).
I'm wondering if anyone knows what this is or what causes it or possibly experienced something similar themselves.

Thanks for your help!

JennyPenny

Old 06-16-2008, 02:22 PM   #2
(male)

chicagoprinter HB User
Re: Head shock (similar to funnybone)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennypenny23 View Post
Hi All,

I'm hoping someone can help me.
Since I can remember, every now and again at a spontaneous moment, I get a very painful but short(few seconds) electric shock (likened to a funny bone sensation) from the base of my head to the top of my head (left or right side it varies).
I can get them anything from a few times a day to a few times a month to one in months.
It's quite painful and makes my head involuntarily jerk.
There is no pattern at all to this. The last time I got it though (about a week ago) the shock went throught the left side of my head but my ear was tingly/numb after (this was a first).
I'm wondering if anyone knows what this is or what causes it or possibly experienced something similar themselves.

Thanks for your help!

JennyPenny
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi JennyPenny,

I've had something similar symptoms to what you're describing. I've found out by talking to my neurologist, that neuropathy or paripheral neuropathy does not have the same symptoms for all of us. From what I understand, for many of us, these symptoms come with the territory. For me, it's just part of my idiopathic neuropathy.

I've also had, for about a year, my mouth suddenly shutting. That is, when I'm lieing in bed and trying to go to sleep, my jaw suddenly clamps down with my top teeth clicking hard on my bottom teeth. It stopped as suddenly as it started.

I look at life this way: I have good days and not so good days.

I try to really enjoy the good days.

Hang in there.

chicagoprinter

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread