It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2008, 11:00 AM   #1
(female)

MARY9633 HB User
Chiropractor Helps My Neuropathy A Little

I haven't been diagnosed yet but i know this is what i have from all the symtoms! It started about 2-3 months ago when i let my son pop my back one night. He popped my lower back which made me feel so bad within the first 2 minutes of him doing it.

My stomach bloated up to about the size of two watermellons in my tummy. It was about 2 am and i woke up my husband screaming "i feel like i'm going to die!" "quick do something!" "anything!" ....Ever since then i have been having so much trouble. I have gone to the emergency room 5 times in two weeks and they do nothing for me. They simply tell me i have gas, anxiety and that it's just in my head! I have had a colonoscopy a cat scan and nothing was revieled.

They have since put me on gas relief pills, anxiety pills, anti depressant pills (which give me suicidal thoughts now) and nothing is helping. I was telling my husband to take me back to the emergency room when i remembered that this all started from my son popping my back...So i told him...Take me to the chiropractor instead....He did ...And i got so much more relief from it! I was able to eat anything i was able to go to the bathroom just fine and then two days later i was back in the same position.

The chiropractor suggested i go see a neurologist for nerve damage. I have an appointment for tomorrow and hope that there is something that can be done for this....As i feel hot then i feel cold and my stomach is always turnning over and rumbling. Also i can't go to the bathroom properly ...I can burp, i can't fart, i can't do anything and have to march around in a daze all the time. My legs hurt so much from so much marching around.

This is no way to live...Something has to be done for it. Please has anyone heard of any kind of cure for this? Can these nerves be electrocuted to start working again? Or can they be stimulated in any other manner to start working again? I feel like a car who's thermostat has gone out and need a new thermostat. Please any help would be appreciated.

Thank you and god bless.

Last edited by moderator2; 07-24-2008 at 11:12 AM. Reason: please do not type in all capital letters - please use paragraphs to make your post easier to read

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-24-2008, 10:51 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

snowmelts HB User
Re: Chiropractor Helps My Neuropathy A Little

Quote:
My Stomach Is Always Turnning Over And Rumbling. Also I Can't Go To The Bathroom Properly ...i Can Burp, I Can't Fart
That sounds rather like a gallbladder attack actually. Does pain run from right side then straight up your back? If so get your gallbladder checked.

I have food allergies that give me gallbladder attack symptoms like you describe. Fish, pork and diary products are no-no's for me.

You need an Xray of your spine to see if every disc and such is in it's proper place and not putting pressure on some other organ.

I have no idea why you are marching.

I hope you find the cause of your problem.

Old 07-24-2008, 02:13 PM   #3
(female)

mm61 HB User

I agree it sounds like gallbladder. My daughter went to the emgency room 9x's before they found out the cause. Please keep going till they find it.mm61

Old 07-24-2008, 09:49 PM   #4
(female)

MARY9633 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmelts View Post
That sounds rather like a gallbladder attack actually. Does pain run from right side then straight up your back? If so get your gallbladder checked.

I have food allergies that give me gallbladder attack symptoms like you describe. Fish, pork and diary products are no-no's for me.

You need an Xray of your spine to see if every disc and such is in it's proper place and not putting pressure on some other organ.

I have no idea why you are marching.

I hope you find the cause of your problem.
I sure will get my gallbladder checked...because I even went to a neurologist today and he did nothing but put me on more meds....I hate taking any kind of pills at all. Thank you and I will talk to my GI about a gallbladder check.
Also yes...pork and dairy are no no's for me too. I march around trying to get a burp or a fart out and if they don't come out ..I go into panic mode. Thanks again all advice helps.

Old 07-24-2008, 09:52 PM   #5
(female)

MARY9633 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm61 View Post
I agree it sounds like gallbladder. My daughter went to the emgency room 9x's before they found out the cause. Please keep going till they find it.mm61
Thank you for the reply...yes it will be checked. But did your daughter get better from it? or does she still suffer from it? What was done about it? Like I said before, I have gone 5 times to the emergency room...hope I don't have to go another 4 times before they find it.

Now I know my doc has done lots of blood test on me...but has not mentioned anything about a gallbladder problem...would this have shown up on blood test alone? Thank you all advice helps.

Old 07-24-2008, 09:54 PM   #6
(female)

MARY9633 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm61 View Post
Also the neurologist put me on something called:
TopAMAX has anyone ever heard of this or seen any side affects from it?

Old 07-24-2008, 09:55 PM   #7
(female)

MARY9633 HB User

Also the neurologist put me on something called:
TopAMAX has anyone ever heard of this or seen any side affects from it?

Old 07-25-2008, 08:44 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

snowmelts HB User

Topamax is the brand name of Topiramate
Here is info on this link
[url]http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/medmaster/a697012.html[/url]

Closed Thread