It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2008, 03:00 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

donsabi HB Userdonsabi HB User
Anodyne Therapy

I have statin induced non diabetic PN both feet. I have tried many thing and I am doing my best to avoid medication. Today I started a series of treatments with Anodyne Therapy. Therapist told me we will do 12 sessions and reevaluate my symptoms. Today was the first. I had about a half hour with the Anodyne equipment and a half hour of exercises. I did not notice any change in pain or sensation. I will try to post as this treatment progresses.
The therapist told me that this treatment does not work for everyone.

Old 08-05-2008, 03:49 PM   #2
(male)

thylantyr HB User
Re: Anodyne Therapy

A friend has neuropathy and I keep looking for therapies.
I read an article by "the guy" with the Ph.D, unbeknowst
to me he had a connection to this company , the
article was very well written, I can easily see people taken
in by his clever wording, but in the end it felt like an infomercial
as some things said in the article made me suspicious. I'm letting
my 30+ years of electronics experience + common sense be my guide.

It appears that they use the same type of lights [IR-LED =
Infra-Red Light Emitting Diodes] that is also used on
ordinary remote controls for televisions or any piece of
consumer electronics gear, they are very low in price [~50 cents each,
cheaper in bulk order] and very common to purchase.

On the other hand, you can get plenty of infra-red radiation
from ordinary sunlight, perhaps in more lethal does vs.
those simple LED's. If sunlight doesn't fix you, I don't
expect those LED's to fix you.

On the other hand, if this LED therapy works for you, then I would
expect exposure to sunlight as fixing you also.

I don't believe what the articles claims; only the cells
respond to a certain wavelength when no other wavelengths are present.
I don't think your cells are that picky or know any better, it doesn't make sense to me.
I also don't think the 292 cycles per second [292hz] is relevent to the treatment also.

In the end, I have added 'light therapy' to my friends
regimen, but this will be exposure to sunlight vs. spending
big money on an array of LED's that would cost me $50
to make myself. Sunlight therapy is free and if it's free,
you might as well try it.

Last edited by thylantyr; 08-05-2008 at 03:53 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2008, 11:57 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

I have now had three Anodyne treatments, (twelve is recommended), and I have not seen any improvement. However, because of how the PN presents itself it is hard to really make a judgment in such a short time. While having my treatment I talked to another patient who said he was now on his seventh treatment and very excited about his reduction in pain. I remain hopeful although I am aware Anodyne therapy doesn't work for everyone.

Old 08-11-2008, 06:20 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Today I had my fourth treatment after a three day rest period. I told the therapist that my feet actually hurt worse than when I started. I was told that is normal. I remain hopeful.

Old 08-12-2008, 04:33 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Brocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB User

My husband is a physical therapist and has found anodyne to be totally ineffective for anything other than an acute injury. Sorry, but you're likely wasting your time and money....

Old 08-13-2008, 10:01 AM   #6
(male)

thylantyr HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
Today I had my fourth treatment after a three day rest period. I told the therapist that my feet actually hurt worse than when I started. I was told that is normal. I remain hopeful.
An odd response from the therapist.

Old 08-15-2008, 04:29 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

I have now had six Anodyne treatments. My feet have become more sensitive and I have more feeling in areas that were numb before. I am aware of more pain by volume than intensity. Actually the intensity of my pain has subsided somewhat. (I think if you are a PN sufferer you will know what I mean). I will complete the twelve treatments before making any judgment.
I talked with another patient who has diabetic neuropathy and he told me that he felt much better after seven treatments. He had to go on a business trip and didn't get a treatment for a week and he said some of the pain had returned. Today he was back to continue the therapy. He said he thought the Anodyne treatments was working for him.

Last edited by donsabi; 08-15-2008 at 04:30 PM.

Old 08-22-2008, 04:14 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

I have now complete nine treatments out of twelve. I have much less numbness, however I also have more general pain all over my feet. The pain is not as bad as the "toothache" pain I was experiencing and I have only one instance when I had "toothache" type pain throughout the treatment. I have had more cold feet sensations than before. The big question: is Anodyne therapy working for me? Well, it is doing something but at this point I must say I have seen some reduction in serious pain and an increase in general discomfort. The increase in discomfort is probably due to lessor numbness.
The gentlemen who was having the same treatment for diabetic neuropathy now says he isn't sure if it is helping for not. Earlier he thought it was helping.
My opinion is now inconclusive and I don't put much hope in the outcome.
I have three more treatments left and a reevaluaton. I will post my results.

Old 08-29-2008, 10:52 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

Today I completed the twelve recommended Anodyne therapy and I had my final evaluation. According to the evaluation I have 60% more feeling in my feet than prior to the therapy. That was the good news. However, I also have much more pain of a generalized nature. The therapist said I was the only patient in four years that did not have at least some reduction in pain. He said he would further investigate my situation.
I agree with the evaluation. I do have more feeling but I also have a lot more pain, not the "toothache" type pain but more of a soreness. Occasionally, I still have the "toothache" pain. IMO, the Anodyne treatment succeeded lessening the numbness in my feet but at the same time increased my pain. My goal was to reduce pain and therefore conclude that the Anodyne Therapy did not work for me. I am hoping that the increased pain will subside with time.
Remember my PN is due to medication, (statins), and not being diabetic. It didn't work for me but that doesn't mean it won't work for you.

Closed Thread