It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2008, 03:56 PM   #1
(female)

acc15519667 HB User
scar tissue from surgery pressing against nerves

I had surgery in 2004 to release my spinal cord due to Spina Bifida. Not long after surgery I began have sharp stabbing pains, muscle spasms, electro-like pains and numbness in my lower back and legs. It has gotten worse during the last four years. I have taken various medicines, used pain patches, had physical therapy, used Tens Unit, had nerve block injections, epidural and caudal injections. To date nothing has helped. My most recent MRI showed I had residual from Spina Bifida and posterior disorganization of the cuda equina and adhesions. The neurologist said scar tissue was pressing against nerves causing this pain.

I am to have a trial for a spinal cord stimulator on the 10th of September; don't know if this will work. The neurologist told me surgery was not an option; does anyone know if anything can be done to remove this scar tissue and, if so, where can it be done.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread