It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2008, 08:52 AM   #1
(female)

CCJJ HB User
Question Nerve Conduction Tests

What is to be gained by having this test done???? What have people learned by having this test done??? Did this change your diagnosis and then receive different treatment because of the test?

My husband is experiencing some neuropathy in his feet. Neurologist wants to do a nerve conduction test, but because of our insurance, it will cost us a lot.

Want to learn as much as I can, please share all your experiences, both good and bad.

Thanks
Connie

Old 09-11-2008, 08:49 AM   #2
(male)

jsrail HB User
Re: Nerve Conduction Tests

Connie, sorry, but I've found these boards of little help unless, it seems, you are some kind of a regular poster. Sad that you had to post twice and nobody even thought enough to reply.

Nerve conduction tests I think can be helpful at least to determine what kind of neuropathy your husband may have. It may be difficult for a neuro doc to prescribe any meds or other treatment if this test isn't done, I'm not sure. Maybe the doc can suggest a local clinic or lab that can do this test cheaper.

Wish I could be of more help. I'm fighting my insurance company now. Its no fun.

Hope your husband finds some relief.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2008, 11:35 PM   #3
(female)

pricklybarb HB User
Re: Nerve Conduction Tests

the tests can tell what nerves are damaged, how damaged they are, like not conducting electricity at all damaged. it can be done later on to see how quickly or if the neuropathy is progressing.
I've had multiple NCS and EMG tests. 11 years ago and then a newer problem and had a few almost a year ago. the results were....duh...I have nerve damage...to the surprise of last neuro..I don't think he believed me 'cause I didn't present as a textbook case of neuropathy.....we parted ways several months ago...

Old 10-26-2008, 04:59 PM   #4
(female)

Linjean59 HB User
Smile Re: Nerve Conduction Tests

My doctor insisted on the same thing. First time I had it done was 2001 and I just completed the very painful test again this month. Results..no change since 2001. I couldn't believe the results because my neuropathy pain has gotton worst over the years. The cost was $800 and I'm thankful I have two insurance for now. I had no idea the test cost so much. If I had to pay for this out of my pocket I would hold off for a while. The doctor wanted to see the change of my neuropathy from 2001 til now. Hope this helps.

Closed Thread