It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2008, 04:40 PM   #1
(male)

MKhan3628 HB User
does the rebuilder worker for diabetic neuropathy

does the rebuilder worker for diabetic neuropathy

Old 09-18-2008, 05:52 PM   #2
(female)

cream9518 HB User
Re: does the rebuilder worker for diabetic neuropathy

You can obtain info about the rebuilder from pomalley80 who has been on this for awhile with some sucess. Good luck, Cream78

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-19-2008, 08:16 AM   #3
(male)

pomalley80 HB User

MKhan I believe it would work for that. Though I am not a true diabetic, my doctors are always monitoring my sugar and say I "could" become or something like that. Anyway, at rebuilder they asked me exhaustive questions about my neuropathy and the cause, and since I have or at least had cirulatory problems in my feet and legs, they told me about the circulation improvement from the treatment and how that can help with neuropathy and diabetic problems in the feet other than the neuropathy. All I can say is I have had very very good relief. the color is normal now in my feet, circulation is good, pain is basically gone and I can feel things again. It won't hurt to give it a shot. I think they have a good return guarantee, but after about a month I knew I had NO intentions of returning it. Best of luck in your search. Patrick.

Last edited by pomalley80; 09-19-2008 at 08:17 AM. Reason: mispelling

Old 09-19-2008, 09:36 AM   #4
(male)

MKhan3628 HB User

Thank you. My wife suffers from severe numbness, burning, stabbing and tingling at the bottom of her feet, between her toes and the top of her feet. It seems to be progressing. She is on several meds including Cymbalta (while better) but still continues to suffer from it. The doctor considers it a severe form of diabetic neuropathy. I am looking for some alternative treatments that might reduce of eliminate the pain. She has also had one of her Thyroid glands removed (cancerous). Could it be Lyme disease?

Old 09-20-2008, 02:44 PM   #5
Veteran
(male)

Aussie100 HB UserAussie100 HB UserAussie100 HB UserAussie100 HB UserAussie100 HB UserAussie100 HB UserAussie100 HB UserAussie100 HB User

Hi, she can have a blood test to check for Lyme disease.
Has she got her sugar levels under good control ? i know a few diabetic 2 people that have had neuropathy and have improved greatly with good control of their blood sugars, the nerves get damaged slowly over time and it usually takes some time for them to regenerate, but it is possible, i myself had the same problems as your wife, 5 years later i am fine now, but it takes months to years for anything noticable to happen.
I wish her my best,
Aussie

Old 09-20-2008, 03:29 PM   #6
(male)

MKhan3628 HB User

Thanks, Aussie. Did you improve simply by keeping your sugar levels at the right levels or did you do other things which helped. My wife says her sugar levels are where they should be but her pain seems to be escalating...She is 50 and has had it for about 5 years.

Old 09-20-2008, 09:48 PM   #7
Veteran
(male)

Aussie100 HB UserAussie100 HB UserAussie100 HB UserAussie100 HB UserAussie100 HB UserAussie100 HB UserAussie100 HB UserAussie100 HB User

Hi again, i lost the excess weight i was carrying through diet and exercise & kept my blood sugars right down, exercise is difficult when your feet are in so much pain, so i opted to go to local pool and exercised there instead.
I also used vitamin/supplements to help nourish the nerves whilst they were healing, like, a multi B vitamin, extra b1 100mg x 3 times daily, 1 mg - b12 methylcobalamin, R lipioc acid [ it can lower blood sugars ] be carefull if taken with drugs like metformin in case the sugars go to low, Vitamin C, E, acetyl-L-carnitine, gamma-linolenic acid 480 mg daily, they all have a purpose and worked for me, but the main thing with me was fixing the cause which was the higher than normal blood sugars, i aimed for sugars to be as close to a person that is not diabetic.
Has your wife been tested for other known causes of neuropathy? trouble is a lot of doctors are to quick to blame diabetes as it is the most common cause of PN, but not everyone with diabetes gets peripheral neuropathy, it certainly is not the only cause of nerve damage, might be worth looking into if she has kept real good sugars levels over those 5 years but the nerves are still aggravated by something.
regards
Aussie

Closed Thread