It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2008, 10:09 AM   #1
(female)

Amanda06 HB User
Skelaxin and Excruciting muscle spasm

Hi All:
For the past 6 months, for 'excruciting muscle spasm' of my left leg which often occurs during laying down in the bed, I've been taking 'Skelaxin 800mg' two or three tabs which I divided three or four times per day, so that med. working all day long. Also, I've been on 'Gabapentin 100mg. 2 caps before the bed. for nerve under the skin on the same leg., a name of which I can not recall, but it's said to be fairly commom among heavy-set individuals which I'm NOT.

Recently, ... more precisely for the past several days, I feel 'dizziness' on which I seem losing balance after taking Skelaxin 800mg. throughout day. Until then, I was completely happy taking it, then it's quite puzzling of this, dizziness on Skelaxin 800mg.

Just wonder whether my system/body starting to reject Skelaxin 800mg.? To be honest and frank, I can NOT afford to lose Skelaxin due to excruciting muscle spasm on my left leg.

Any clues, advices and suggestions on this would be truly appreciated.

Old 10-07-2008, 07:23 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: Skelaxin and Excruciting muscle spasm

does the skelaxin actually work for you at all?if it is not actually helping you,which it really sounds like it is not?(please correct me if i am wrong here) maybe you should try another type of muscle relaxer that just doesn;t hit you so hard. thats alot of skelaxin to be taking,espescially if it is combined with other meds that can create dizzyness too.

have they ever just checked your labs to see where your potassium is? even the magnesium being low can create spasms too just like with low potassium. just how recently was the gaba introduced? just what "nerve under the skin" is giving you problems,it would help knowing that. do you suffer from low back pain or any other actual spinal problems that have been confirmed with MRI? or don't you know? do you have other medical issues going on here too or is this it? marcia

i just did some checking on this med and found a couple of things for ya. if you actually take this med WITH food,the effects actually become stronger and so too the possible side effects. and it also for some reason actually affects females more directly than males. didn't state why,it just does. thought you might like to know this.

Last edited by feelbad; 10-07-2008 at 07:33 AM. Reason: more info

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread