It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2008, 07:41 AM   #1
(female)

Zoey123 HB User
Increasing burning

I had some hardware removed from my foot from a previous surgery a month ago and the first few days the toes had less numbness and burning, about a week later started having really bad lower back pain. Went to doctor and it took them 3 weeks to get around to doing an MRI. I can't get into the pain spec. until late next week and am in terrible pain. Not only does my back and hip hurt, my knee has started burning and the neuropathy in my feet and lowerlegs is getting worse. I am one of the unfortunate ones that no one can find a drug therapy that works on me. I have been to a chiropractor with no results. The surgery foot is so sore and it was suppose to be just a simple procedure. I walked out of there in my tennis shoes I don't know what is going on. My anxiety level has soared and I am so depressed all of the time. My husband is so supportive and loving and I feel like I am ruining his life with all of this. Just two years ago I was so active and working full time and now if I make it through the grocery store I am done for the day and in terrible pain. I am afraid to stop doing things, I don't want my body to just deteriate so I keep making myself do the housework and such. I just don't know where to turn, I have seen so many doctors from home to Mayo Clinic and they basicly tell me to learn to live with it and then I get more stressed and hurt more. Thanks for letting me vent.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-26-2008, 05:09 AM   #2
(female)

jennylay78 HB User
Re: Increasing burning

Hi Zoe, Its been a while since your message and I do hope you've had some improvement. I had a sudden onset of symptoms 3 years ago and have had a gradual deterioration. I get a burning sensation up my right leg, from foot to hip and no medication seems to help tho. Ive only been prescribed my present meds 2 weeks ago and this the first time anyone had tried to help so onward and upward. Am sick of throwing money at it - Hypnotherapy, Acupuncture, Massage, A nerve rebuilder machine etc. etc. but now with the credit crunch have decided to go au natural. Im 60+ and had to take early retirement from nursing.Kept tripping over doling out the meds.Have moved from a house to a bungalow which makes life easier but cant manage too much and like you rely on my husband a great deal. He's joined a ramblers group so is catching up on his exercise and its a break from having me hanging on his arm.Am finding yoga and swimming a great help and I feel normal in the pool. Thinking of you. Jenny

Old 10-27-2008, 07:26 AM   #3
(female)

Zoey123 HB User

Thank you for your concern. Things haven't gotten much better. They did find a bulging disc in my lowere back but it is not connected to my neuropathy. They did an injection and that helped with the back pain some. I have been going to physical therapy for my back and the neuropathy. It seems that since the weather has gotten colder my pain levels have really jumped up there high. The burning is in my feet, legs up to my hips, elbows and even my scalp and fingertips at times. I guess what really bothers me more than anthing else( besides the pain) is the fact that the doctors just quit looking for a cause. They keep saying sometimes the body just does this. I find that hard to accept, to me something has to make it go wrong. I just don't know of a good neurologists in this area. I have been to Mayo in Rochester and all they want to do is big fancy tests to see how bad you have neuropathy, not find out what is causing it. I also find the pool to help with the burning, but the hours here are only early morning or early evening( when things really start hurting), since schools started as they use the pool during the day. It is so hard to go out at night or early morning when it is so cold. Sometimes I just want to give up, but I love my family too much to do that to them. I don't understand why there isn't more research into this as it is such a painful disease. Thanks for listening.
Zoey

Old 11-12-2008, 11:22 PM   #4
(female)

pjustice HB User

Hi Zoey,
I am Paulette. I have small fiber neuropathy, and I have burning in my hands, feet, left trunk, hip, buttocks, and thigh down to my knee. I've been to OSU Clinic and Cleveland Clinic and they haven't said it, but I feel too they've given up. My rheumatologist says it's my fibromyalgia is getting worse, but I don't believe that. I am taking 600 mg of Lyrica and 90mg of Cymbalta. It does at least make the burning managable. I've discovered Aspercream also curves the burning some.

Closed Thread