It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2008, 03:29 PM   #1
(male)

rapackard HB User
Unhappy Left Foot Slipping

This started 1 week ago. When I walk and come across a new type of surface it seems my left foot has to reeducate itself to walk on that surface. I can walk in the office on carpewt without a problem but any other type and I feel like I am going to slip and then limpo to where I am going. I limp to and from the 10 min walk to the train station but once in the office I'm fine on the carpet. I have noticed a feeling of electrical stimulation in the left leg and the foot appears to be colder than the right foot. My AP thinks that it is a back problem since I mentioned that I slept at my in-laws last weekend on their couch and there was a bar in my back all night. He doubted that I had a a mini-stroke and checked me out pretty good. He told me to get with a neurologist for an EMG study of the left lower extremity. This is really weird because I have slept on twisted and other wise sprained my back many times and never had this affect in walking.

What do you think it could be and what exercises would be helpful in solving the slip feel?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread