It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2008, 10:53 AM   #1
(male)

MattF HB User
Not sure whats wrong with me, need help.

I am having a great deal of trouble concentrating so bear with me if i don't give all hte needed information the first time, i will provide more as feedback comes in.

I have a hypothyroid disorder, chrohn's disease, i'm overweight at 345 pounds and my diet is bad, plus i don't exercise.

That aside I have a new problem that has happened to me in the last 2 weeks. Prior to that time I had had bad anxiety attacks in the past that took me to the ground. Extreme fear, sensitivity to light, and just overall horifying sensation that are hard to explain. In the past i took ativan and it went away.

Starting about 2 weeks ago i have a constant set of feelings that refuse to go away, and barely get touched by ativan. Its fogging my head so bad its hard to even really explain what the issues are but heres what i have so far:

A hollow pressure type feeling on the left side of my head, along with slight tingling or numbness [though i can move my face etc etc].
Extreme sensitivty to light especailly at night, which causes horrid sensations of what i can best describe as adrenilane and/or combined with the icy blood feeling in various parts of my limbs that varies in degree from time to time but never goes away.
A very odd sensation in my left arm, it almost feels like a ghost limb, but i can move it and use it, but it feels like it weighs nothing, whereas my right arm seems to move correctly.

I feel rather insane. And i can't walk into any store with florecent lights without waves of feelings i can't even describe causing me to want to passout or die rather then stay there. The sensation only mildly calms down if i leave.

I can't work a job now, i'm a burden on my mother, and i feel like no one can possibly know what i'm talking about. My biggest fear is i'll have to live with this the rest of my life on SSI or what not.

IF anyone wants to assist me in helping me to better narrow down what i migt be feeling or what tests you suggest i have run let me know. That in itself is going to be a challenge though as i have no insurance. However armed with good information i can probably demand a ER doctor check this stuff if thats what i have to do. All i know is I do not want to live this way. And on the outside i know i appear for the most part normal cause i try to hide it as best i can.

What questions do you have [anyone] to narrow down what this most likely is, and what tests i should try to have run to try to get some relief. I'm pretty sure it seems like nervous system disorder of some kind.

Anyway i'm sorry to ramble not thinking so well
Thank you so much in advance.
Matt

PS: I'm male of course, 29, caucasion, let me know what else is needed to better assist me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-09-2008, 10:34 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB User
Re: Not sure whats wrong with me, need help.

Matt,
I'm not a doctor or medical professional, but, IMHO I think you are having extreme anxiety. It doesn't help that you have a poor diet and are overweight along with you other conditions. Perhaps a visit to a free or low cost clinic for a thorough check up would put you on the right path. I wish you well.

Old 10-09-2008, 10:02 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

Aussie100 HB UserAussie100 HB UserAussie100 HB UserAussie100 HB UserAussie100 HB UserAussie100 HB UserAussie100 HB UserAussie100 HB User

I agree, anxiety can course all sorts of weird sensations including light sensitvity, your not going insane just need some medical attention, many people suffer with bad anxiety, but it can be helped.
best of luck anyway
Aussie

Old 04-28-2009, 09:25 PM   #4
(female)

50isbestsofar HB User

please read my post on ulcerative colitis - you sound like me when I was at my worst. I was going crazy and I took action.

Old 04-28-2009, 10:42 PM   #5
(male)

MattF HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50isbestsofar View Post
please read my post on ulcerative colitis - you sound like me when I was at my worst. I was going crazy and I took action.
I still have issues from various ailments as listed I have never heard this attributed to ulcerative colitis which I am sure is similar if not identical to chrohns and i may have that too ..

please link me to your post I am having trouble finding it it won't let me search for your posts. Though I will try to look again.

Thanks in advance
Matt

PS: I will be moving into a hud appartment as of this sunday and not have much internet access so please reply before then if you can.

Old 04-30-2009, 08:10 AM   #6
(female)

50isbestsofar HB User
Re:Chrohn's and UC

I have had UC since I was in my 30's. Luckily for the last 15 years I have mostly been in remission. If you want to get it under control you have to learn what your body accepts and what it doesn't. For me, the key was a high soy diet. I liiterally stopped bleeding for the first time in two years after only one week on all natural soy powder plus some digestion aides and some vitamin b complex. Your body is in a cycle creating mucous (leading to bleeding) so your system cannot absorb the nutrients it needs to heal itself. I have done enough reading to be confused as to whether it is the malabsorption of nutrients in the first place that causes the chronic disease or if it is the result. My doctor said the predisposition is carried on a gene and you may find family members who have mild symptoms and think it is hemorroids or possibly are hiding or ignoring the condition because they are scared.

Either way, the more nutrients you put into your diet, the better to absorb what you can so your body can do what it is supposed to do with the right ingredients. Get the best quality you can until you get it under control which will cost you some big bucks. I used true "all natural" products from a multi-level marketing group. I found I could back off the high cost ones eventually, but I do believe that quality makes the difference. When people say that vitamins did not make any difference I believe they are telling me they used bad oines. There are so many additives in supplements that can actually provoke your condition and lots of them are just junk anyway, don't dissolve, etc. Talk to some pharmaceutical grade vitamin sellers and you'll learn the pitfalls quickly. Some of the dietary recommendations such as flax seed I found actually aggravated my condition. In fact, all seeds are not good for me including strawberry seeds (both daughters are allergic to them ,too!) The point is everyone has to find out what triggers and STOP EATING IT!. My worst episode was following a taste of fresh hot peppers from my sisters garden. Tasted great but not worth it.

Learn how your digestive system works with all the good bacteria and how stomach acids help you digest your food and all that. Then eat with that in mind. Doesn't it make sense that the more sugar you eat, the more you are creating nice breeding grounds for lovely bad bacteria not to mention lowering your infection fighting blood cells. Yougart contains nice things for your digestion, but comes with milk so may not be good for you. Try acidophilus tablets or coated gels that ensure it gets past the acids in your stomach and into your intestine where it will eat up the nasties that make your condition worse. Learn about nutrition. High fiber products and too many raw veggies are a no-no when you are bleeding. Omega three oils should be good, but again, find out one at a time so you can stop what sends you in the wrong direction.

I have talked to a lot of people who have Ulcerative colitis or Crohn's which is a similar problem with the small intestine. You are going to be one of two types. Either 1) a victim or 2) proactive for a better life. Medicine will help you along, but the ultimate solution is to help your body heal with nutrients and stop eating the foods that trigger episodes.
Oh, and also find out where your ulcers are located. I had them up to the trasverse colon at its worst but rarely let it get out of hand past the rectal area any more. Knowing where it is determines whether you need both oral and suppositories AND maybe even enema forms of mesalamine. If you need to use it twice a day faithfully until it heals DO It. It is worth the effort to feel your age again and not prematurely like death warmed over, not to mention the bleeding and pain.

Closed Thread