It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2008, 06:03 PM   #1
(female)

janajb2 HB User
Can pneumonia cause rib pain?

In June of this year, I was hospitalized with a bacterial infection called Klebsiella. In the two week period that I was in hospital, I developed pneumonia in both lungs as well as septicemia (blood poisoning). I have no idea how this happened, but I was told by my gastroenterologist that it most likely started in my gall bladder. Through an ERCP, a stent was placed in my bile duct. This has since been removed, but a second ERCP revealed A-typical cells, which still has him concerned. I'm seeing a surgeon next week to determine if my gall bladder should be removed. I also am having another ERCP done on the 20th for a second cell brushing. Prior to this infection, my health was great!

Now.....in the last two months, I've developed what seems like nerve pain in my lower right abdomen as well as pain in my lower right ribs. My concern now is..what's causing this? My family doctor put me on 75mgs. of Lyrica to be taken at bedtime, but this is only taking the edge off the pain. It honestly hurts to have clothing of any kind rub against my skin.
I did have terrible sciatica after my hospital stay from lying in one position for so long, but that has since subsided.

Has anyone had continuing pain after having pneumonia? I'm baffled. At this point, I'm not sure if I should see a chiropractor or a neurologist. All I know is, I'm in pain and not sure where to go with this. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by janajb2; 11-05-2008 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Spelling error

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread