It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2008, 06:45 PM   #1
(female)

kkn72 HB User
Unknown of exact problem but need to have surgery on back

I know this is pretty open but I got a call from my Nerosurgen informing me that I need surgery. I have had 2 MRI's one without contrast and one with. The one without contrast mentioned a disc issue or nerve sheath tumor. The one with contrast said no herniated disc but showed something below is what the report said:

Extradural enhancement behind L4 right lateral recess extending to the right paracentral location and right foramen deviating the right L4 nerve root posteriorly and inferiorly at that level. The L4 nerve root enhances as well. No definite evidence of abscess enhancement in the fat sat images series 9, appears solid. Differential diagnosis includes inflammation, infection, or possibly neoplasm. this is unlikely to represent a herniated nucleus pulposus.

My symptoms are pain in the lower back, right leg numb on left side (like you went to the dentist and had a shot), pain in knee. Sometimes shooting pain from hip down leg. I had a really bad issue on a trip where I thought I threw my back out, couldn't walk, leg would give way, and I had a burning sensation down my right leg. After most of the pain left the numbness started and has been there since Oct.

K

Last edited by kkn72; 11-30-2008 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Didn't post all the message....

Closed Thread