It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2009, 08:38 PM   #1
(male)

disjointed HB User
Rib muscle pain from neuropathy?

Hello;

I've recently been diagnosed with neuropathy due to parathesias in my feet (and hands, although I was able to feel the vibration thingy on the back of my hands, where I couldn't on the tops of my feet). It's apparently idiopathic (no known cause).

I've also had, over the last 2.5 months, a sore muscle feeling around my lower rib cage, in particular when waking up in the morning. Sometimes I'll feel it mildly during the day as well, and it's amplified after a hot bath (and a couple of times after a hot shower).

My PCP now thinks it may be related to the neuropathy. He said peripheral neuropathy can occur anyplace in the body, although it generally starts in the extremities. I've searched the net but was unable to find any information on rib cage pain and neuropathy.

So my question: Has anyone here experienced neuropathy that caused rib cage muscle pain or discomfort?

Thanks!

Kevin

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-19-2009, 11:22 AM   #2
(female)

mcarol HB User
Re: Rib muscle pain from neuropathy?

Interesting mention of lower rib cage pain.
I wake up almost every morning with my right waistline area hurting. I even considered maybe I might have shingles.

I have tingling, numbness and tight feeling in my feet. They are very sensitive to air blowing on them and feel weird when I touch them. I wear socks and it seems to help some.

I was checked about a year ago for large nerve damage and all was well. As I read more about peripheral neuropathy, I think that is what I have. No pain though.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread