It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2009, 02:01 PM   #1
(male)

Dgo81 HB User
Peroneal Nerve Injury

I was a little sore after a standard 6 mile run 4 weeks ago. I had my friend massage the muscle over my peroneal nerve. He dug really deep and about an hour later my right foot was numb and I couldnt lift my right foot. I did some serious research and have come to the conclusion that I pinched/bruised my peroneal nerve. I was suffering from drop foot and still am to a degree. It has been exactly 4 weeks since the injury and I still cant stand on the heel of my right foot. There is no more numbness and the flexibility is back to about 80%. My main concern in that I get back to 100%. I've read up on severe peroneal injuries but can't find much on mild ones like mine. Anyone else out there with this? I've read 3-6 weeks for full recovery but if in 2 more weeks I still can't run I'm going to freak out!

Thanks to anyone who provides any insight.

Old 06-05-2009, 01:06 AM   #2
(female)

beachlovr HB User
Re: Peroneal Nerve Injury

See a really good chiropractor. Your friend probably adjusted something in your foot that has caused a pinched nerve. It is hard to find good chiropractors though. I went 900 miles to find one that cured my PN completely. I had pinched the nerves in both of my big toes from wearing ill-fitting shoes. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-01-2011, 05:26 PM   #3
(female)

Yoga EM HB User
Re: Peroneal Nerve Injury

Hey,

Think I have exactly the same thing. I had a massage on sunday. I am living in Malaysia right now and it was a chinese massage so quite deep. Went to bed and noticed tingling in my right toe....think I have foot drop as a result of damage to the peroneal nerve. Or it could be from crossing my legs (apparently). I have been doing a lot of work on my lap top so this could be the cause in which case if I stop doing that it will go away. It is good to know that you had improvement over the 4 weeks or so.

I want to ask you what happened? did you find any good excersises to do? I guess like your's mine is mild but I am Yogi and Dancer and like you feel very upset if my body is out of whack!

Please share any advice that you discovered!

Thank you

Reply Reply