It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2011, 01:48 PM   #16
(male)

dscja HB User
Re: Anterior Tibial Tendon Transfer Surgery

Does anyone know good exercises for post surgery physical therapy or what to expect? Not able to find much information and my surgeon has not provided alot of info.

Anterior Tibialis Surgery transfer tendon from toe.
Surgery in Sept 2011. Lots of swelling after put in cast. 8 weeks in cast. Still alot of swelling. Boot for 6 weeks. Feeling coming back and can move foot more than before, but not as much.

What exercises should I do or not do?
How do you know what the limitations are or max use? (Don't want to damage anything that has been repaired)
How long before normal activity is resumed?
What will I not be able to do permanently?

Thanks.

Old 12-20-2011, 02:17 PM   #17
(female)

mlitailano HB User

I had the surgery in february at the mayo clinic. my doctor started me on physical therapy in June, not before then because it needs a lot of time to heal. the swelling can last several months.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-20-2011, 02:31 PM   #18
(male)

dscja HB User

Thanks for the quick reply.

What kind of exercises do you do in physical therapy? Is the idea to strengthen muscles?

Old 12-26-2011, 02:16 PM   #19
(male)

chastsop HB User

Dear PlaneClinic, Can u give me the name of the orthopedic surgeon u saw at Cleveland Clinic please? grateful.

Old 12-28-2011, 10:01 PM   #20
(male)

planemark HB Userplanemark HB Userplanemark HB Userplanemark HB Userplanemark HB Userplanemark HB User

I'm not sure if you were referring to me about my Orthopedic Surgeon at the Cleveland Clinic, but his name is Dr. Alan Davis. I was referred to him by my Physical Therapist when I was seeking a second opinion. Dr. Davis is well known on the West Side of Cleveland, and he is top rated according to my PCP and several people that I asked about him.

I am scheduled for tendon transfer surgery in two weeks, Friday the 13th of January. I am a little scared and really dreading the LONG recovery process. I keep telling myself that I will never start to heal unless I get the surgery. I tore my Anterior Tibial Tendon when I fell 10 feet out of an airline catering truck while it was still raised to the airplane.
I know that I have allot of pain in my future, but I am tired of all the pain and limitations I have from my injury. Please tell me that this will all be worth it!

Reply Reply