It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Neuropathy Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2010, 12:14 PM   #1
(female)

dhill2020 HB User
very itchy skin at back bra area

I have had bad neuropathy for 10 yrs in my feet & Legs. I also am diabetic and have had a heart stent via leg artery. I take alot of meds like plavix, metformin, ambien, aspirin, lisinopril, parvastatin & tramodol. For about a year now I've had a terrible itch under the bra area in the back only. Has any one else had this and what can I do about it. It's driving me insane. I have tried the hydrocortisone creme, it does nothing. Please someone tell me what it could be from and what can I do? I never had this in my life! I'm also going through menopause

Old 03-20-2010, 06:56 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

kelly4004 HB Userkelly4004 HB Userkelly4004 HB Userkelly4004 HB Userkelly4004 HB Userkelly4004 HB Userkelly4004 HB Userkelly4004 HB Userkelly4004 HB User
Re: very itchy skin at back bra area

I have peripheral neuropathy from surgery in my foot. My socks really bother me so I started wearing my one sock inside out so it didnt agrivate my foot so bad but that only lasted for a little while, I tried wearing silky socks but they were to thin and my shoe would aggrivate my foot! so my beautiful husband one day sewed the silk sock inside the cotton sock and now I can wear a sock? maybe you could try something like that? unless it's the pressure of the strap thats causing the itching. It's my only idea. wish I had more for you.
Kelly

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-21-2010, 08:33 AM   #3
(female)

LisaBdot HB UserLisaBdot HB UserLisaBdot HB UserLisaBdot HB UserLisaBdot HB UserLisaBdot HB UserLisaBdot HB UserLisaBdot HB UserLisaBdot HB UserLisaBdot HB UserLisaBdot HB User

I get that, too, right under the middle of the strap that goes across the back, and also under the shoulder straps, in one particular spot. Usually when my bras get a little older. In my case, it's because I'm sensitive to nickel. Even if the tiny metal parts have been enameled, eventually, it starts to wear away. That's when I get intense itching.

If you get "infections" in your earlobes when you wear some earrings, perhaps you're allergic to nickel. It's one of the most common allergies, I've been told. Kind of a goofy solution that may have absolutely nothing to do with what's going on with you, but I throw it on the table just in case.

All the best,
Lisa

PS. Did you change your brand of laundry detergent, softener, or any of that around the time this started? Or any of your soaps, lotions, even shampoo or conditioner? Sometimes that can cause itchiness--not necessarily all over either, maybe just where you already have some irritation.

Old 03-21-2010, 08:59 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User

I have that same back itch for the past 10+years and I have no idea why. I use to think it was because of my bra but I tried the kind that you don't hook up in the back. Medicine doesn't work and so the best i can do is to have back scratchers around the house... I also have a big ole woodin spoon I use. The only relief i get is when I shower so I am thinking I must be allergic to my own salty sweat...but just on my back so of course i have a shower brush also.

Old 03-21-2010, 01:20 PM   #5
(female)

minstrel2 HB Userminstrel2 HB Userminstrel2 HB Userminstrel2 HB Userminstrel2 HB Userminstrel2 HB User

Neuropathy can cause itching on your torso. I have it at times. My nerves were damaged due to spinal cord compression. About the only thing that helps me is lukewarm water, and then lotion, but when the nerves are really firing, there's not much you can do.

Old 03-21-2010, 06:03 PM   #6
(female)

dhill2020 HB User

Yeah, I had a feeling it was nerve related because bathing and lotions do nothing for it. I wonder if Neurontin might help. I don't currently take it but my doc has recommended, its just that I already take so much and its so expensive, even co-pays!! Thanks everyone that answered, I don't feel so alone now.

Old 10-22-2011, 02:05 PM   #7
(male)

fantastic98 HB User

hi. i get that itchmyself but i dont wear a bra as i am male. i got a pill for it which is called neoclarityn. its a small pill. i use it if it gets bad stinging etc. the tablet seems to do the job. i dont like taking tablets but will in this case. its not as bad now as before. by that i mean its less frequent. i am diabetic so it may be neuropathy. anyway hope this helps.. cheers kevin...

Old 10-22-2011, 08:37 PM   #8
(female)

Cherley HB User

I went to a dermatoligist and she gave me a cream. It's wonderful. If you use it almost everyday. I had that itchy spot for several years. Just mostly the one spot. I'll get the name of the cream for you tomorrow; if I don't forget. If I do, post me a message to remind me.

Last edited by mod85; 10-23-2011 at 06:27 AM.

Old 11-10-2011, 04:42 PM   #9
(female)

mellow HB Usermellow HB Usermellow HB Usermellow HB Usermellow HB User

Just incase anybody checks back on this thread, I have CRPS, in the Neuropathy family I guess you could say. It is all nerve damage. I have these episodes of all over body itching that gets to the point where it doesn't stop. The itching is mirrored as well, worse at night of course. It seems to be more prominent in the joint areas, like the where the forearm meets the elbow and bends, the calf and the thigh meet and bend, arm pits, wrists, pelvic area etc. It is a living hell. It seems to be worse when stress levels are higher and pain is higher, so I have noticed. The itching is so intense tht it causes the skin to tear and bleed. I have tried every cream, medicated lotion, spray that the pharmacy shelves sell....and none work. Even warm water aggrevates it and makes it itch more! If anybody looked at me naked, they would think I was in a fight with a tree with a thousand branches with *****ers on them So many people thought it was a reaction to a medication, but it kept coming and going and I never stopped the medication. Finally after a bazillion hours searching the internet, I found 2 places where people had the same experience, so I asked my doctor and she said well it is possible since your nerves have basically gone haywire.....NO REALLY?

Old 05-15-2014, 09:31 AM   #10
(female)

kajuco HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherley View Post
I went to a dermatoligist and she gave me a cream. It's wonderful. If you use it almost everyday. I had that itchy spot for several years. Just mostly the one spot. I'll get the name of the cream for you tomorrow; if I don't forget. If I do, post me a message to remind me.
I just came across Cherley's post in 2011! Cherley, you don't seem to have posted the name of the cream the dermatologist gave you. Are you still using it? I'd love to know the name, for my itchy back.

Reply Reply